jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

CTR in layman's terms

1. HELLA profile image59
    HELLAposted 6 years ago

Can someone briefly explain click through rate in layman's terms? A couple hubs have 0%, some have 25%, and some have 100%...which is best? Thanks!

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

CTR, or click through rate, is simply the percentage of people visiting your hub that click on an ad.

If three people visit your hub and one of them clicks on an ad, then that hub has a 33% CTR. In mathematical terms, it's number of clicks divided by number of visits times 100.

If 100 people visit your hub and 25 click on an ad, then you have a 25% CTR. (25 divided by 100 times 100)

The higher the CTR, the better.

1. HELLA profile image59
      HELLAposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks lrohner! Got it smile

3. sunforged profile image73
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

lrohner's definition is spot on.

Keep in mind the number becomes far more relevant, after you have a significant sample size.

Your hub with 100% CTR - did it by any chance have only one visitor?

1. HELLA profile image59

Yes it did, and presto, it all makes sense!

4. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

It's important to note that you can have more than 100% too.  However, when those happen I always get a bit nervous that someone has gotten click-happy.  But, just like Sunforged pointed out, you're more likely to see triple digit percentages on really small numbers.  What we wouldn't all give for large numbers with triple digit CTRs that were legit!

1. HELLA profile image59

Seriously! That would be great. It's actually good to see the same people responding to all of these questions I have. I feel like I'm the new guy getting mentored by all of the masters. Very soon I will be a black belt and teach my knoweldge to others. LOL!

working