jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Very early Amazon update!

1. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Just checked, my reports are up already!

Just thought that I would let you know. I didn't sell anything!! Unusual for that to happen, but sure that it will pick up again.

1. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks and good morning smile

2. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

You know I have been getting mega traffic going through to amazon (in comparison to how I normally do anyway) but very few conversions. It's weird but I am hoping its a sign of the spirit of holiday buying to come. They just aren't quite ready to actually do any shopping but soon... Yes my precious, soon mwhahaha!

3. 0

I feel the same.

I too have an extroardinarily low conversion rate for October (ok so its only 2 days).

I said last week that it is likely people have half an eye on Xmas, so we may be stuck in a period whereas people have stopped buying themselves luxuries because they know that Xmas is arriving.... but its still too early to do the Xmas shop.

Some people love Xmas, and plan for it very early. Others dread it, and don't start until late.

But I bet that we will start seeing some great conversions later this month, and November should be manic. The same for businesses though, they are probably waiting for the flurry before unleashing their big Xmas contigency budgets lol

I am an eternal optimist I suppose wink

1. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I do think it will pick up and keep thinking I need to shift my focus from my online store to writing a few hubs. Tho my online store might see christmas sales too... hmmm maybe its all good either way big_smile

Not to mention my 100th is next for the chopping block, kinda think it would be good to do a fun woo hoo 100 hubs and a year on HP kinda hub.

1. 0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The beauty of Xmas is that every single click through has a chance of selling some nice unrelated sales.

Last Xmas I didn't get many Amazon clicks, yet somebody did an entire Xmas shop I think (15 presents).

I was getting perhaps 20-30 Amazon clicks at the time. I am now getting 200-300 per day.

Only at Xmas can somebody clicking through to a laptop cooler be tempted to have a look around at presents for their mom, dad, son, or daughter!

Thats my tactic anyway... just get them through to Amazon one way or another... and hope for some Xmas magic!

I remember that actually, it got me motivated to challenge myself to write product hubs for amazon actually big_smile

Last year I maybe got 10 people through the door in a month! And still sold a wood carving set right before christmas! I was totally flabbergasted! I am getting closer to what you were getting last year (thats mega for me as it was almost zilch for so long) so who knows I may well find this a very merry christmas indeed big_smile

Hey if I get my butt in gear I may well be able to up my traffic and even double it, thats the cool thing about writing here. Over time you get better and better at actually writing something that gets views and click throughs big_smile

1. 0
            ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did you notice that I wrote 'mom'.

I knew that I would buckle eventually. I am going to go and write 'mum' 100 times!

I wish you luck with it anyway, keep us all updated on mega sales. I might get a thread going later in the month, where people can share their success stories.

I did not until you pointed it out. Being an American I used to say mom but never really liked it, sounded old to me somehow. Moving to the UK sorted that out for me and I do much prefer mum, somehow doesn't sound quite so old. I really don't understand the logic behind that but whatever lol

2. Lily Rose profile image83
      Lily Roseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with a sea of blue arrows - kind of freaked me out, especially given that I made several changes using the new title feature.  My changes weren't major, though, and most were adding a word or two and leaving what was already there.  I was happy to see, however, that almost all of the blue arrow are for hubs other than the ones that have changed titles!

As for Amazon, I sold 4 items yesterday and 1 the day before.  Not too bad, but I don't know what my converstion rate is as I forgot to look before typing this...

I just wish I could get credit for my own purchases because my personal Amazon shopping cart is already full with my Christmas and hanukkah gift selections!

4. 0

Amongst the blue sea of downward facing arrows is a nice red upward pointing arrow on one of my Xmas hubs by the way smile

Rather applicable you may think, blue for Jack Frost, red for Santa and all that!

How cool is it to always see one or two up arrows in a sea of down ones?

The beauty of having a decent portfolio of hubs big_smile

5. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Sold some stuff. None relating to Christmas. I wouldn't have thought so anyway. Though maybe Kindle stuff is Christmassy?

1. CMHypno profile image90
      CMHypnoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I sold a Santa Suit and some Christmas Tree ornaments already in the last couple of days, so there are people out there gearing up for Christmas. Lets hope we all have a very happy Amazon Christmas this year!

6. Never_Forget profile image61
    Never_Forgetposted 6 years ago

I sold something on the first day of October but then I just went to check my stats again and everything got reset to zero, earnings-wise. I hate when people change their mind about things they buy.