jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Do long comments detract from a hub?

1. Dolores Monet profile image90
    Dolores Monetposted 6 years ago

I got a comment that is longer than the whole screen. Does an overly long comment detract from a hub? This one does contain pertinent opinion, but sheesh, way over done.

1. Pcunix profile image88
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When I get something like that, I ask the person if they would like me to publish it as a guest post instead..

2. Dolores Monet profile image90

Guest post on a hub? I can see that on a blog....

1. Pcunix profile image88
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I see no reason not to. Or you could encourage them to sign up under your referral.

You could take a comment like that (with their permission) and weave it into a longer hub, too.

I do think excessively long comments can detract, especially if poorly formatted.

3. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Because of the nature of some of my Hubs, I'll get "monster-long" comments.  Because it's serious stuff, I'll try to address those "longies".  Those are the Hubs that get scores of -  like - 98/100; so I'm under the impression all that commenting helps a Hub.  I just figure people don't have to read the comments if they don't want to - but I know what you mean, too.

4. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 6 years ago

It would feel like reading another hub, I recently had one comment like that, I just copied a sentence and Googled it, and my suspicion was right, it lead me to some article copied word for word, I quickly denied it. The writer had no opinion of his won just copy pasted stuff from elsewhere.

1. Lisa HW profile image84
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know people copy sometimes, but I can tell from the comments on the type of Hub in question that the person read the Hub, make reference to remarks I've made, etc.    I have no guarantee they're not phony, but since they don't give off the usual hints of phoniness, that's what I go with.

5. profile image0
    maddy757posted 6 years ago

i dont think so. They actually make the hub more insightful .

6. Dolores Monet profile image90

thank you all very much!

working