jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

How do I limit what I see in the forum?

1. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I just can't seem to figure it out. Specifically I want to stop seeing Politics, Religion, and Family and Gender. I thought there was a way to do this. But I can't find it. Am I wrong?

1. lorlie6 profile image85
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would LOVE an option like that, Nelle.  Do share if you find out-my choices would be the same as yours.

2. 0
    maddy757posted 6 years ago

may be if hub editor notices this forum, they'll think of adding a tool for doing that. smile

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Nelle, you can only do that if you stop visiting the forums themselves.

i.e. don't go here, http://hubpages.com/forum/

If you go to the custom front page, you have control over what topics are displayed there and which are not.

only go here instead, http://hubpages.com/

1. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Relache, I like to keep an eye on the other topics though. Every so often someone puts an adult topic in the Fashion or Home category and that ends up on my hubs. And I have to ask HP to move it.

If I don't have to look at politics, religion and sex (I'm careful never to write hubs in those categories) I could care less.

4. 0

I think you can modify your home page. But you have to add a widget for everything you want to see very time consuming. I wish HP would do this. I'm so tired of the need to discuss adult topics in the forums. HP got rid of adult hubs, I wish they would segregate them, so that we aren't bombarded with them. I don't usually spend this much time in the forums, but with the photo capsule issue I've been wading around all of the nonsense for a few days.

5. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I think it would be helpful to be able to limit the forum topics you can see as well.

6. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I think both of you need to re-read my previous post, as I just described how you can do that.

I will say I don't like how the custom home page truncates post titles.  That's frustrating.

1. YU_First 1 profile image59
      YU_First 1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is a good thing for you as a writer to know a bit of each and everything... that way when writing about something you love you could use what you have no interest in as a way of comparison... or even just relating to that issue that rattles you, no?

7. raisingme profile image88
    raisingmeposted 6 years ago

This on my wish list too!  Same, same as you.  Would love that option.

8. 0

I get your post Relache, making a home page with everything but those three topics seems to be a large task. Or perhaps I'm not getting it.

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sadly, you are getting it, and it isn't something that's got an easy fix.

Personally, I too would prefer to be able to block just a few topics on the forum end of things and have access to the rest.  However this was what admin produced when people requested the ability to block specific forum topics, and that seems to be the extent of their interest in dealing with it.