jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Question: Do our own clicks count?

1. SarahSilver profile image60
    SarahSilverposted 6 years ago

When I click on one of my own hubs, does it show up as a click?

IT would be nice if so, if MY clicks could be separated from other clicks so I can see how many people are using my hubs and enjoying the information on them

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

They do count. Every time you view the page, they are counted. The same thing if you edit your hubs, pageviews are generated. If you use Google Analytics, you can set that up to exclude your own IP address from the results.

3. SarahSilver profile image60
    SarahSilverposted 6 years ago

4. Cordale profile image77
    Cordaleposted 6 years ago

If you are talking about adsense clicks, then yes they WOULD count but you are absolutely not allowed to do so. Your account will be banned and you will never get paid.

As far as page views, they count as well, the traffic will counted as coming from hubpages. Something I wish they would change is that I wish we could view our hubs stats without having to give a false view to the hub hmm but whatevs!

Hope this helped!

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If someone accidentally clicks on their own ads, then Google will treat them as "invalid clicks," and the Adsense account will not be credited. A pattern of invalid clicks could get someone banned, but this is not what the OP is talking about.