jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Question - Updated Old Hub And Score Dropped - Why?

1. Ladybird33 profile image74
    Ladybird33posted 6 years ago

I updated an older hub and 12 hours later the score dropped over 5 points...this has never happened to me, I need advice or someone to tell me why...please wink Thank you

1. 0
      BenjaminBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As I have learned in recent days there is no rhyme or reason to any of the scoring here on Hubpages. I have decided to stop worrying about scores so that I can retain a tiny morsel of my sanity which borderlines at being non existent already.

2. Ladybird33 profile image74

Thanks BenjaminB, it's never happened to me before so I am concerned about it!  But you are probably right but I can't stand it!!!

3. Ladybird33 profile image74

okay, so it happens? really? just dropped?

1. 0

I have seen all kinds of odd things happen score wise that seem contrary to the things they say about scores in the FAQ. So yes it's just so completely random there's no use fretting over it.

4. Ladybird33 profile image74

Okay, I am completely and totally going with you on this and letting it go.  Thank you BenjaminB, I certainly appreciate it!

1. 0

Not a problem I was ready to break my lap top the last few days over the same issue,but I just released and let go today and will continue to do the same. I guess the only time you really need to worry about a score is "75" Hubber score for do follow status,besides that I no longer care about any.

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

BenjaminB. I'm soooo proud of you for learning how to chill and ignore numbers that don't mean much!

He's right LadyBird33, these numbers can drive you crazy and I can't see any reason to most of the ups and downs.

6. Ladybird33 profile image74

Nelle, thank you so much for commenting!  I get it and thrilled you guys explained it to me and I will stop wanting to throw the article away smile or my computer.  I appreciate you taking the time to comment!

working