jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Movable Google Adsense Modules

1. ProCW profile image83
    ProCWposted 8 years ago

Wouldn't that be just great? What do you all think? How about being able to put an ad in the actual text module? :-)

1. ProCW profile image83
      ProCWposted 8 years ago in reply to this

2. Misha profile image76
      Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages employ a powerfull ad optimizer called YieldBuild(http://yieldbuild.com/). Ads get optimized across the site to earn more overall. A single human with A-B testing can't really compete in this area...

1. relache profile image86
        relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

HubPages don't employ YieldBuild so much as they are that company as well.

2. ProCW profile image83
        ProCWposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I dunno... this single human hasn't earned a single dime through HubPages and YieldBuilder ... yet... smile But again, its only been two weeks of hubbing.

Positively Hubbing

smile ProCW

2. quotations profile image94
    quotationsposted 8 years ago

I would love to have greater control over the look and location of the adsense ads.

3. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

I trust the ad program thing that Hubpages uses to make wise choices on where to put my ads.

Imagine how much trouble we have right now with people making hubs that are nothing but image capsules and revenue capsules?  If they gave us Adsense capsules, if it were possible, then we'd start seeing Hubs which are more Adsense ads than content.

1. quotations profile image94
      quotationsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I don't think it would come to that. Adsense only allows a total of 3 ads per page (not counting referral ads and link ads, but these are not available here) so no one could place more ads than are already displayed anyway. It's just that the current display is sometimes garish (the colors just clash) or breaks up page in the wrong place.

If I had my wish I would be able to put a 160x600 sized adsense ad on the right hand column. I know on other sites these get great CTR. I think what would be nice is if we had the option of either letting HP choose the type and location of the ads, as a default, or choose to locate them manually. To prevent spammers from doing anything stupid with the location of the ads, the option of manually locating them could be granted only to hubbers with a high enough score.

4. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Place my own adsense ads in 140+ hubs and try and get them better than hubpages do?

No thanks.

5. ProCW profile image83
    ProCWposted 8 years ago

Okay. Points taken. I understand that it may get a bit time consuming for hubbers with large amounts of hubs. I also understand that with some of my hubs, I'd prefer having the adsense ads in different places, as a different size, different colors, etc.

How about offering the option to choose from multiple templates with pre-positioned adsense modules that had different color and size options for the ad. The Adsense option is just rather limiting and I think that alot of hubbers would like the option (keyword) and could experiment with the option to better their and HubPages' income.

I've only been hubbing for about 2 weeks, so I'm far from being frustrated, or fed-up or anything close. I am very full of ... ideas ... so I thought that it would be a nice feature to add to the HubPage Options. I definitely would like this option better than the TextLink Ads option that is currently being proposed.

Anyway, food for thought.

6. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 8 years ago

Content would still have to play a large part of the equation if adsense modules were to be included, although a specific adsense search function on all of our accounts would be good to, maybe others could search for more hub info through others hubs - Although, I being the conspiracy theorist, already think this is going on anyway!!

7. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I think Misha has used the word 'employ' in the context of 'use' or 'implement'.

And indeed, I doubt that HubPages would allow an override on YieldBuild given how much time and effort they've put into it.

8. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

And who would want to?

I mean, if you had a pretty Hub making $5 a month, and someone offered to ugly it for you so it could make $15 a month ....

The ads are sometimes a bit wonky, but at the cost of revenue I for one would not want to second-guess Yieldbuild.