jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

hub score and adsense CPM

1. 0
    Whikatposted 6 years ago

Does anyone know if a low hub score effects your adsense CPM?
    And could it possibly jeopardize the traffic to other hubs?

If anyone knows, It would sure help me out to know if I should improve or delete any low scoring hubs. Thank you ahead of time for any answers to this legitimate question. If it is written somewhere please be so kind as to direct me to the appropriate place on hubpages. The reason I ask is that I noticed that as a few of my hubs dropped to lower scores it looked like my adsense CPM lowered, but I am not definite on this.

1. kazemaru2 profile image61
      kazemaru2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I suggest revise your hubs to be at least 800 words as it helps bring in traffic and a higher cpm. Low scoring hubs are generally  detrimental to passive income on hubpages.

1. 0
        Whikatposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are you serious?  I checked out your 4 hubs, which one has 800 or more words in it? What are you basing your response on???

2. jasoncox83 profile image79
    jasoncox83posted 6 years ago

Hubscore has no effect on your CPM. Hubscore for a multitude of reasons, biggest I know of is it helps prevent spammers. Cause a hub must be above a 40 (although I think it should be raised to 60) to have links as dofollow. A profile must have a score of above a 75 to have their links as dofollow.
    To answer your question though no, it has no effect on CPM.

1. 0

I appreciate your response, but are you sure?  For instance yesterday morning I had one click and a high CPM  with all hubscores over 75. Last night 3 or 4 hubs dropped around the 72 score, I received another click and my total CPM ended at 5 times below the first click in the morning. Is there any place I can learn how adsense CPM works, or is that Google's secret?

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate the feedback. smile

3. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

As Jason said, Hubscore has NO impact on AdSense earnings. HubScore impacts two things and two things only:

1) Whether outgoing links are DoFollow or NoFollow;

2) Possibly maybe the number of internal links to that page that Google sees, as hubs with higher scores will rank higher in tag pages and featured hubs, etc.

As to the length of the hubs, some hubbers recommend 400 to 500 as absolute minimum length for a hub, while many others swear by 1,000+ words.

1. 0

Thanks for the verification on the hubscore vs Adsense. All of my hubs have 550 words or more, so word count is not really the issue with me. I was just wondering if lower scoring hubs was knocking down my adsense CPM and if they were I was going to evaluate the value of keeping them published or deleting them.

I am unsure why kazemaru2 discussed word count, when his hubs rather than mine fall below the 800 words and up. I am in agreement Irohner, that the higher word count can help bring traffic, but the particular hubs that I was questioning with lower scores had nothing to do with low word count, they all had 800 or more.

Thank you for your response, it is much appreciated.

Whoops, my mistake LOL, except for one 350 word hub, that I need to work on, but 1 out of 14 isn't bad and the other three in question had 800 or more word count smile