jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

Can I change my Hub title?

1. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

I want to change my title of the hub that was created earleir. Can i allowed to do that?

What is the effect for doing it? like search engine position.

1. profile image61
      nbbatt.composted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you can change hub title. Search engine position is based on keyword. So It doesn't affect more.

2. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can change your hub title but not the URL of the hub. From this no effect occur in search engine position

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is simply not true. Did you read any of the previous posts?

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

The only thing that you can't change is your URL.

The title, tags, capsules and information can be changed as you see fit.

The only difference it would make in SERPs is if you used better keywords -  it may rank higher or rank differently.

1. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Very nice. I got it now.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

HubPages recently introduced a new feature, Title Tuner, to suggest revising titles for better search engine position. I guess that shows that changing titles is not only acceptable, but something worthwhile considering.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The only problem is - the suggestions are based on the keywords that brought people to your hub through the search engines.

If you don't have any hits from search engines, you won't have any suggestions.

1. profile image0

Makes sense. They do write that improving the title is the single most important thing someone can do to gain visibility. I'm not sure whether this is correct or not, but that point is worthwhile mentioning.

2. profile image0
        TopUniverseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So that means we need wait for few hits from SE before changing the title. Am I right?

1. profile image0

No reason to wait at all. Title Tuner may just not be able to give you any suggestions yet, but you can do your own research to improve upon your title.

1. WryLilt profile image87
            WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a page that's over 6 months old and has never had a hit from a search engine.

That means the title tuner has no suggestions for it, since it has no data.

So I've changed the title half a dozen times in hopes of getting google interested enough to send me hits.

So yes, WE is right. You need hits to use the title tuner but if you don't have them then you can just do it manually - and often it's more worthwhile if you don't have hits, since it can raise your chance of getting them.

4. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

As WE said - the title tuner is a great addition to HP.  I really got on well with it.  Have a go!  Good luck!

5. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 6 years ago

@ WE title tuner has thrown up some good suggestions and right now I thought I was noticing an improvement in traffic.. may be  other factors add up .. I am curiously watching..

6. katiem2 profile image59
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

I've changed my titles after further research uncovered better key words for my topic.  It has always been a positive thing for my traffic to improve lsi and keywords.

Go for it! 

Much Success big_smile

7. tritrain profile image75
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

Some knowledgeable people recommend against changing page titles, as it could have a very negative effect for your positions on the search engines.

If it is a well-established page, I would not risk it.  I, as well as others, have noticed a sudden, huge drop in SERPs after changing a page title.  It may or may not be related, but is it worth the risk?

However, if the page has not been indexed yet then you should be fine to change it.

working