Original article vs Unique article

1. 0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

I know that duplicate content is now allowed in hubpages.

My questions are

1. What happen if someone post duplicate content?

(will that hub removed or his account is banned )

2. What is original content and unique content?

3. Can we post plr articles after rewrite?

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Most of your answers are here:  http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content

2. Original and unique content are things that you wrote and post for the first time on HubPages.

3. If they are truly original content, I don't see why you couldn't.  Seems dumb to pay for an article and post it on here if you asked me, though.  I'm not one of those people who spends all my time trying to game Google's mechanics for rank, but if you are trying to work the system, aren't PLR articles supposed to add content to YOUR site, growing the body of content?  Seems like posting that stuff on HP would be a losing proposition because you're paying money upfront for a one-off article.  I could be wrong, but that seems like a horrible idea.  There are people better qualified to answer that on here though, so, we'll see what they say on it.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Re. 1: If someone posts duplicate content, the hub may be flagged as duplicate. This means that outbound self-serving links are not allowed, and the hub score will likely drop. If too many hubs are flagged as duplicate, the author score will also suffer and may fall below 75, at which point all outbound links become no-follow.

Removal of a hub is unlikely unless the duplicate content has been plagiarized. If someone successfully files a DMCA complaint with HubPages, the hub will be unpublished. In case of widespread plagiarism issues, an account could be banned.

Re. 2: Original content and unique content are overlapping. Unique content would be something that is only published in one place. Original content may or may not be published in more than one place. If you wrote something for HubPages and subsequently republished it elsewhere, it would not be unique; it would be duplicate content, but you would not be penalized by HubPages.

Re. 3: Theoretically yes. But apart from concerns about duplicate content, there is also the issue of "substandard" material. So an article that is essentially the same as something published elsewhere on the Internet may not meet HubPages quality requirements, even though technically it is not a duplicate.