jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Google Ad Sense Puzzle?

1. 0
    BenjaminBposted 6 years ago

As explained to me by Hub Pages we are supposed to receive 100% of Google Ad Sense Revenue 60% of the time and the same with every other program as well.

Taking this into account why does my Google Ad Sense account say ,"68 % publisher revenue share",in the Property Information at the bottom of my account page by my publisher # for Ad Sense for content. Is this referring to the total % that they are paying for my adds to both Hub Pages and me(in other words the total they are sharing out of Google's cut?)

2. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

No you got it wrong.

Hubpages shares impressions with us. So, for example, if you got 1000 page views in one day then your ads are displayed 60% of the time, Hubpages are displayed 40% of the time. Your ads are displayed 600 times, Hubpages display their ads 400 times. If somebody clicks on an ad, and that click is worth $1, then you take the $1 on your impressions. Hubpages takes the $1 on their impressions.

The 68% relates to the amount which AdSense passes on. So if an advertiser SPENDS $1 on an ad, then the average amount passed on to thr publisher (e.g. you, me or hubpages) is 68 cents. The remaining 32 cents is revenue for Google, from which they meet their own costs and of course take their profit. That bit is uncontrollable by Hubpages, and by no means a fixed rate either.

Hope that helps.

1. 0
      BenjaminBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That answers my question Ryan thanks, I figured that was what that number was referring to just wanted to be sure. I watch my pennies like a hawk,lol!

3. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

I wonder how many AdSense accounts are being checked right now...? smile