My doubt regarding adsense terms

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)
  1. weblog profile image57
    weblogposted 15 years ago

"Click here to enlarge" (or) "Click on pics to load the gallery"

Will it be like violating google adsense terms when I place such text near images in a page? (whether it is hub or blog) Will google consider it like I'm encouraging clicks on google ads? (in hubs some image ads come near to our hub images, and placement goes random)

Please, somebody explain me. It will be better if you can explain with examples of own experience. Have you ever received warning from google regarding this?

2. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

Don't try to game the system. It will only cost you in the end.

weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No, please try to understand my question. Forgive me if my english looks funny. This is the case, consider if I'm posting an image that is originally a wallpaper of 1024x768 pixels, you all know that hubpages is showing images of 520 pixels to the maximum. HP saves the original, larger image in different location. (resized image will have f520.jpg at the end) So, you can understand there can be a text saying "Click on the image to enlarge". I'm seeing many hubs having it already. I'm just asking a doubt as I thought of it. I'm aware of HP ad placements and also yieldbuild. Thanks to quotations.

3. quotations profile image87
    quotationsposted 15 years ago

I think what weblog is asking is whether the ad placement carried out by hubpages through its company yieldbuild might be violating the Google terms of service because they appear next to the caption beneath some images which reads "click here to enlarge".. This is not gaming the system because in fact we have no control over the ad placement.

However I think there is not that much to worry about because many ad impressions actually belong to Hubpages and not the author, so if anyone is going to get a warning from Google it is probably HP. And if they are told to change things they will. If you weblog get a warning I would explain the situation to them, namely that you have no say on where the ad is placed.

4. weblog profile image57
    weblogposted 15 years ago

Hello, anybody else there?

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Weblog,
    Providing you are talking about Hugpages - I trust HP staff sorting it out and don't bother with this.

That is a normal doubt. I talked about hubpages. But, also worried of my blogs. In HP we can't make a photo link to other page, but "Click to enlarge" quote is quite normal in photo galleries. Thats why I raised the question about it.

6. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

lol

Well, I would think most of your subjects have already "clicked to enlarge" so I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes, I know. I came here to ask a serious doubt about adsense terms. It is not like gaming the system as Inspirepub said.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

* sound of joke going straight over some one's head * big_smile

You can conclude I'm weak in language(english). Actually, I know I am. I think you had no effort to clear my doubts rather making fun with me. It's ok.

7. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

I think you are safe if the "click to see full size image" is in the ALT text of the image, so that it only appears when you roll over the image.  If you have similar text in the caption, I suppose it is a bit of a gray area.  It might be a good idea to contact the AdSense team directly.

Thank you. Yes, I have already sent mail to adsense support regarding this.

8. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

He was making a sexual innuendo. smile

Is this the place for what you said? I was expecting somebody to clear my doubts seriously. This forum title says: Need Help? Ask here. Or is this going on like hubbers hang out?

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You got several serious answers. I was making a joke about the fact that in many of the photographs of women in the hubs you write - the women have had breast implants.

They have been "enlarged" smile

A joke. big_smile

Actually, Thanks for the Joke. And, please take my apology if I've offended you in someway. I'm yet to improve in english. This is what I did not understand "Well, I would think most of your subjects...". Otherwise, I always enjoy good humor. I don't even mind if the humor is bad or black. I can now realise what do u mean by 'subjects' and I'm happy to know you are also visiting my hubs. Thanks for everything. smile

9. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years ago

weblog: you got an answer from the HubPages team, the comment left by pauldeeds.

If you don't enjoy the humor of the other posts, I suggest you ignore them.  If Paul's answer does not answer your questions, I suggest you do what he says in his post and contact the AdSense team.

Actually, Stacie...I'm not talking about enjoying humor. But, I seriously did not understand what Mark said and I have frankly told about my poor english. That's it. It is not anymore about getting serious. I have good sense of humor. I'm aware of my necessity in improving my english. Thank you all.

10. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Come on Weblog,
    Take it easy. I too don't understand a half of jokes coming at me, I just let them go. Turning defensive never brings any benefits smile

Misha, I was just explaining my side. Also, I feel little ashamed when I can't understand a joke. It's a sign showing me I have to improve. I think tolerance is the good friend of humor. I'm OK after I understood it's just a joke. Anyway, thank you. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)