jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

might need help, or at least input................ anyone??

1. writinginalaska profile image83
    writinginalaskaposted 6 years ago

I posted 3 instructional hubs regarding making purses and believe i have them categorized correctly.  They are full of step by step instructions, drawings, beautiful photographs and web links.  i am not getting any traffic, clicks or comments on them except one. so far.   Can someone take a look and give me some feedback??  thanks 

here are the links
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Creative-Uses-f … ies-Part-2
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Handmade-Purses … nd-beading

1. Dale Nelson profile image31
      Dale Nelsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I read the purses hub and note three lines of text and 8 pics. The search engines will never find three lines of text.You need to view the hubpages criteria for a good hub and use the guidelines of 500 -1500 words minimum.3 videos.10 links etc. Your pictures may get found by google images, so you may get some views that way.

Try and add a story to the pictures. Your best advice would be to read some hubs and get a gist of the layout format.

Hope this was helpful.

1. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not necessarily you need to add 3 videos.10 links in all hubs. But adding a caption the images helps to optimize your hubs.

I agree with Dale Nelson in the layout point. I think you could work better on it.   

Text photo
        text photo

is a better layout in my eyes. just a thoughts.

2. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

I read the part 1. Looks good to me. I have some technical advice for you

~link the related hubs together using the link capsule and text linking.
    ~split the content in more text capsule to leave more space for Google Ads.
    ~your pool is placed under comment section, people won't find it so place is elsewhere.
    ~some amazon capsule can be used.

1. writinginalaska profile image83
      writinginalaskaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thank you Saleheensblog,   i will try your suggestions,  i am still new at all this, i will see if i can follow through.

3. SteveoMc profile image91
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

Personally, I would never carry a purse, and I think these look especially bad, I read the hubs only because you asked.   I would never tell myself to read them.

The writing is fine, but really, who wants a purse made of old ties?   And just how many people have a bunch of silk ties laying around waiting to be made into a purse?

You might increase your readers by linking and using an RSS feed.  You have no embedded links on anchor words.   

Some of your tags may not fit, like weight.  You might be missing some keyword opportunities.   

These are all mistakes I make myself all the time.   You need to start to improve your awareness of this stuff.   For me, it is slow going but it is worth the struggle.

Suggestions:  spread the photos out, use more text hubs and title them, all your photos do not have to be giant sized, let readers look at your ads.

Don't put any of them in the top right space, save that for the ads.