jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Adsense- How to Set image ads only or Text ads only

1. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 6 years ago

I logged into google adsense and edited it to be only image ads in Adsense setup - Manage Ads. I saved it. I am not sure if my visitors are seeing only image ads or not, but SOMETHING INTERESTING HAPPENED.

I read somewhere that using only image ads for my specific niches would be way more beneficial. If found this out yesterdays. I was a bit skeptical, but something strange happened today.

My click through ratio went through the roof and daily earnings increased a lot! I am not sure if this is a quintessence or not. It seems its all about managing adsense reguardless of how many hubs or how good the content is. Using the adsense the right way helps.

The question is...Are visitors only seeing image ads? Its set to image only, but why is it that I still see text? Perhaps I did something wrong, but it seems odd my CTR and revenue went way up after I did this experiment.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry - I had a look and tried a few hubs as well as refreshing. I got a lot of textual adverts.

I thought it might just be hubpages share of adverts, but no, I refreshed a few times and I don't think that's it. (If you see a lot of hits on Football Quotes For Determination, it's me. big_smile)

Let's wait for an expert.

On a side note, how did you try to turn off text adverts? I've never seen that option...

David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well theirs an option for only image ads. Hopefully my CTR and etc was not random. I am a bit confused on how to know whether or not I actually changed anything.

I went to the Google Adsense Page setup and then went to "Manage ads".  I edited the unit for 'Image only" and saved it. Perhaps it did not work...

Ah no that doesn't work.

I *believe* that you use that when you want to create your own advert, which it will then give you a code for to copy and paste into your site.

So I believe that since hubpages inserts all the coding for our adverts, we don't have access to that.

Could be wrong though...

Yeah, this is why I was not sure if this did anything. So is it not possible to change to only image ads on hubpages only?

I don't believe so. As I said however, I could be wrong.

WryLilt, you have got an interesting blog on how your doing with Adsense and Amazon. Reminds me of one of Ryanketts hubs where he talked about his one year experience with Adsense.

Thanks. Yes I thought it would be good to keep a record... smile

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

You can't change what type of ads are served on Hubs.  That is all controlled by HubPages.

Thank you relache. Then today was merely random.

2. Cordale profile image78
      Cordaleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How about with the managing ads option with adesnse relache? Are you saying that won't work?

3. thisisoli profile image60
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Keep testing it out and see, however the changes you make in adsense should have no affect on Hubpages ads!

This is one of the times of year you will see an increase in clicks anyway, but try testing it out some more, it may work for you!

4. Bill Manning profile image71
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I've been trying out both image and text ads on my own sites. Not sure yet if image ads help or hurt. hmm

I heard it depends on the niche, gaming and fitness works better with image ads. Of course if we can not change it to just images then we will not know if it works for sure unless we have a website..

working