jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (30 posts)

More than 166,000 views for a single hub in a day

1. abbiz profile image62
    abbizposted 6 years ago

Hello everyone, today as usual I access my Hubpages profile and saw two accolades of traffic, one for 10,000 visits and 100,000 visits to the other, after I see the statistics and I saw that one of my hubs has over 166,000 views, just in one day, I even know the source of this big traffic, and it is not indicated on google analytics yet, really impressive,
    Is it possible for a clarification of what this?

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image94
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 6 years ago

That is strange, especially when you look at the traffic for the past seven days and the past 30 days.  Unusual traffic like that might be a glitch or it might just be something trending really well right now.  Not sure.

1. abbiz profile image62
      abbizposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I hope that this is not an error, and I like that when it continues for a long period, lol

3. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 6 years ago

Fingers crossed it is not an error. Though often large spikes like that is due to being highlighted on a popular blog or news site (or even a magazine or newspaper). So it might taper off.

But in turn it could also be further linked to by people who saw it on the original site causing more traffic spikes.

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

If it is not on Google Amalytics it may be a bug.

What kind of earnings are you seeing, are they in corrolation with the rise in traffic?

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 6 years ago

Since you left the comment number on the line of stats, it was rather easy to figure out which of your Hubs you are referring to.

Having looked at the Hub itself, and done some search engine checking, and then considered your comment that the traffic doesn't show up on Analytics, I'm inclined to think it's a glitch or traffic from a source that Google thinks is invalid.

1. abbiz profile image62

Thank you all for your reply, the hub Who I am talking about (http://hubpages.com/hub/Moroccan-Cousco … s-couscous) was 80 in hubscore, and it jumps to 89 very quickly after this trafic,
        And I think that Hubpages calculate the traffic correctly

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
          Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

After reading your first post I went to see your profile to figure out which hub could it be and the Moroccan Couscous one was my guess but it wasn't ranking in Google. Maybe analytics will show stats later and are you seeing an increase in Adsense impressions? If Adsense impressions have risen accordingly then it is no glitch.

1. abbiz profile image62

1. Susana S profile image92
              Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It should be easy enough to see the traffic source/s in analytics? How are you checking?

1. abbiz profile image62

if you have read my first post, i say, it is not indicated on google analytics yet and this is what I wanted to know smile

1. Susana S profile image92
                  Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeh, I did read it. Your stats for yesterday should be up to date now, though I have read it can take up to 48 hours. Also having just done a little digging around it looks like there has been a glitch in GA reporting for many over the last couple of days, so hopefully when this is resolved you will have your answer to where all that traffic came from. smile

2. Cordale profile image75
      Cordaleposted 6 years ago

Wow, congratulations! Find what worked with this article and post several similiar types!

3. 2besure profile image83
      2besureposted 6 years ago

Not to burst your bubble, but it doesn't really sound right to me.

4. tritrain profile image77
      tritrainposted 6 years ago

That's amazing if its real, and not an error.  I'd be curious how long these "visitors" stayed.  I kind of suspect a bot.

5. liljen23 profile image73
      liljen23posted 6 years ago

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... That is great abbiz.. Keep doing what you are doing.. smile

6. 0
      Whikatposted 6 years ago

I think that your traffic is awesome, I sure hope it is real. I checked out the hub, I noticed that you received 7 likes and a few comments. I think the hub looks good, so maybe your article was put in a popular magazine or blog like darkside mentioned.

1. Super Chef profile image65
        Super Chefposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow!! I want some of that action, did you maybe use the title tuner recently abbiz? Heres to lots of money and good fortune on your new found traffic

1. abbiz profile image62

hello Super Chief: No, the title tuner has not suggest the new words for this Hub

7. Sekharg profile image77
      Sekhargposted 6 years ago

Wow! Congrats!

8. MPG Narratives profile image85
      MPG Narrativesposted 6 years ago

Wow congrats, the hub looks good, maybe it has something to do with the photos, are they yours? Hope its not a bot but unfortunately that is usually the reason. sad

1. abbiz profile image62

No, these photos are not for me unfortunately, I find them in the internet sad

9. strikehappy2003 profile image59
      strikehappy2003posted 6 years ago

Congrats on the hub!!!

10. A la carte profile image59
      A la carteposted 6 years ago

Hope its the real thing..fantastic if it is smile

11. Jackson Riddle profile image70
      Jackson Riddleposted 6 years ago

Interesting, when you click on "stats" does it show you where the traffic was coming from?

You could see then if its a bug or not.

1. abbiz profile image62

You can watch the picture on the url below
        http://rookery9.aviary.com.s3.amazonaws … 25x625.jpg

1. liljen23 profile image73
          liljen23posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmm, I am not sure but if you had those kind of views, wouldn't it show it in the sources column by a total of all page views. It doesn't add up to over 166,000 views to see only 233 views and 194 views from the two main sources, right?

12. manmade76 profile image58
      manmade76posted 6 years ago

I think it may happen but my experience tells that such traffic occurs specially on recent trends topics and yours comes on that category .

13. 0
      TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

First congrats to you.

Still no answer for, is there impression and earnngs hike in the adsense account?

14. 0
      TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

Here is the thread which is contrary to this one.

The thread is about hub not showing views. So I doubt that the stats may be wrong.

1. HELLA profile image61
        HELLAposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know where your logic is on this one...

Think about it. If the stats aren't showing for the hub you linked to in the forums and Abizz's hub recieved a ridiculous amount of views THAT HAVENT SHOWN UP in Analytics, this is probably wrong.

There is a slight chance it could have bumped up. And considering that most of the experienced hubbers seem to think it's a bug, it probably is.

Not trying to burst your bubble. I hope it is, in fact, crazy traffic! It would be great for anyone to recieve that. It just doesn't seem logical to have 21 views one day and 166,000 the next....

GOOD LUCK THOUGH! I hope it is real! Have your Adsense impressions increased dramatically as well?