jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

Do unpublished hubs pull your score down?

1. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

I know I've seen this asked before but I'm being a tard on the answer to this- Does having low scoring unpublished hubs bring your overall score down?
    I have 5 lingering hubs that I just can't quite get myself to finish yet-
    At the time I started them I was all gung ho and now I can't seem to get the interest back to finish them.............

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

No.
    This was an official answer somewhere smile

1. Dorsi profile image91
      Dorsiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Misha- that's what I thought- but I wanted to make sure.

2. ripplemaker profile image90
      ripplemakerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I actually know the answer to this one.  big_smile 
      Yes, it doesn't get affected.  I have 5 unpublished hubs myself.  lol

3. VioletSun profile image70
    VioletSunposted 8 years ago

Good to know! I was also asking myself the same question and was tempted to delete one of my very low score unpubllished hubs. Thanks guys! smile

1. compu-smart profile image81
      compu-smartposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi Violet:)
      I asked this question about weather to delete low scoring hubs to increase hubber score and the advice from HPs was to improve the hub to increase the score which im always doing all the time and works! smile also if they are hubs you cannot improve and your not proud of then delete them..

Good luck:)

1. VioletSun profile image70
        VioletSunposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi Violet:)
        I asked this question about weather to delete low scoring hubs to increase hubber score and the advice from HPs was to improve the hub to increase the score which im always doing all the time and works!  also if they are hubs you cannot improve and your not proud of then delete them..

Good luck:)>>>

Oh, wow, I didn't think of this! I was talking about unpublished hubs, but its good to know about the published ones with low scores.  I tend to forget about my old hubs even if I may read them again now and then.  Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention,  as I see some of my older hubs getting too low in score  from lack of activity.  Sending you a cyber xoxoxo. smile

1. desert blondie profile image82
          desert blondieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

So, re-writing, adding, improving an existing hub is a good thing? It's not static once it's published?  What if the score is just dwindling due to age...although my "good" hubs seem to stay pretty good. Who knew? Two of my "best" hubs have been request answers...both sort of 'off' the way I thought I'd write, or at least what I thought I'd write about...has anyone else had that happen?

1. Dorsi profile image91

I've gone back and added and changed things on hubs at times, and it has helped the score.
            That's one of the reasons I like Hubpages, you can do that anytime. With some other writing sites you are stuck and can't change things when you want.

1. VioletSun profile image70
              VioletSunposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I just finished updating one of my older hubs; added new pics, links and a video, and pinged it, as per the suggestion of IMhustle in another thread

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/5526#post57359

I am going to be tracking the hub to see if it works. smile Realize I have been too passive with my hubs- I write them and forget them.

4. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 8 years ago
  5. compu-smart profile image81
    compu-smartposted 8 years ago

Ooops!!..My answer was because i  thought you said "Published" hubs"!!

1. topstuff profile image61
      topstuffposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ooops,big mistake

6. drummer boy profile image59
    drummer boyposted 8 years ago

I have a friend that would like to join hubpages, can anyone tell me how I can send her a link that would also give me credit for her signing up?  I read somewhere where you can do this, but forgot where to find my link.  Thanks

7. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

Remember to check the sticky FAQ thread for answers to questions like these... That's what it's there for.  (DrummerBoy, you can find the answer to your question there too wink )

1. Dorsi profile image91

Thanks, now I know what Sticky means...lol....

working