jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)

How to delete a hub?

1. vocalcoach profile image95
    vocalcoachposted 6 years ago

How do I delete a hub?

1. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

simply open the hub and on the top most part of hub a delete button comes press it and then press ok

2. 0
      mojosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Delete the individual units first and then delete the entire hub. Same for the blog .

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ankigarg87 is correct. Simply visit the hub page and click the delete button in the black bar at the top. Please note that this is NOT in edit mode, just normal hub view.

Mojos - you don't have to delete any capsules, since you will be deleting the entire hub page.

And obviously you're on the wrong site if you think hubpages is a blog.

1. 0

I know that HP is not a blog.
          A blog delivers content in a manner different from HP. I am quite aware of that .
          I don't know but is seems better to delete the units before deleting the hub. The same applies to a blog or a website.

Deleting the entire hub will delete all units contained in it.

And why were you making a reference to a blog in your original post, then?

1. 0

This is funny .
              I just posted what I thought . You delete the entire hub I will delete the hub units and then the hub . OK ?

1. 0
                Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do as you wish. Still, I wouldn't advise anyone else to do the same, since there is no point in deleting the capsules individually. Once the hub is deleted, it - and all of its elements - will be permanently expunged from the system in 24 hours or so. The URL will go back to the pool for others to use. Your instructions make no sense from a rational point of view.

smile

2. 0

I am new to this. I would really appreciate it if you or anybody on HP helps me out with this .

now you have said "
                  Once the hub is deleted, it - and all of its elements - will be permanently expunged from the system in 24 hours or so.

Does this mean that the snapshot of my deleted hub in the Google cache  will also be removed in 24 hours or so.

You have said:
                  The URL will go back to the pool for others to use.

What would happen if the url is not used by any of the hubbers. In the worst case scenario what would happen if that url is "never" used by any of the hubber. Would it mean that the snapshot in the Google cache would be associated with my deleted hub forever ?

1. 0
                    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Google cache will be refreshed/cleaned out depending on their schedule. HubPages has no influence on this. Once the hub is deleted, the bots should detect that on their next visit - which could be up to 10 days or so away,- then the cache ought to be deleted routinely. 

Deleting capsules individually will make no difference. You cannot publish an empty hub, HubPages will not allow that; so what Google will see would be the same, namely your published hub the last time their bots came by.

I have seen complaints similar to this. However, I believe this would be exceptional, as the cache is supposed to show a prior version of existing web pages, not an infinite archive of non-existing pages. Again, deleting capsules individually would not help. Instead, you could contact Google and ask them to have the redundant cached hub removed.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
            psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No, that would be a waste of time.  You only need to delete the hub, not the units.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Why delete a hub?

However, go to hub- at the top- click delete. It will respond by opening the hub in edit mode. Click to exit.

It will be done and will be gone in a day or two. wink

1. shazwellyn profile image84
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This was my initial thought Cags - deleting content that does no harm seems a bit silly, but I guess people have their reasons to do this.

3. seanpollardz profile image80
    seanpollardzposted 2 years ago

I was looking on how to delete the HUB. Your Thread helped me. Thank you guys !

4. SatendraSaini profile image53
    SatendraSainiposted 2 years ago

Go to my account
    click on your hub
    select delete button
    ok

5. Jacob Manase profile image66
    Jacob Manaseposted 11 months ago

How about an incomplete hub, where you start with a title and it gets saved automatically. How do you go back to delete? Sorry am new here too

6. delancooper profile image79
    delancooperposted 11 months ago

If your hub is still in a draft, you have to save a draft first and then you can click delete it. (You can see an article that you delete has a strikethrough text on it.)

working