jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Stolen Article

1. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

People Interactive (I) Pvt. Ltd.
    Shiv-e-Numh, 2nd floor
    205, Dr. Annie Besant Road
    Worli, Mumbai 400 018

I just found an entire hub of mine posted on this site. I have emailed them and am sending a DMCA.

I don't know if they have copied anyone else's material, but you might want to check.

2. Denise Handlon profile image88
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

Hi Redelf,
    wow, that is very alarming.  I'm not sure what a DMCA is?? Is the site that posted your hub Fropper.com?   I'm not sure what the address following that is.

This makes me sad about the lack of integrity of other people.

3. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

DMCA may or may not apply on sites hosted in india. If the fropper.com is hosted on US servers then they'll take DMCA seriously,if not then you have to keep the communication open.
    Fropper.com is a social network and not any article directory/content network etc btw.

4. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Yes, skyfire, it is, but there is my article masquerading as someone's blog post.

It advertises itself as a free blogging site as well.

I joined the site and posted a comment right under the post explaining that the material was copied from my site, and giving a link back to the copied HubPage.

I can't actually file a notice against them, but I have emailed their customer support and asked that they remove the article as well as close the account of whoever posted it.

Denise, a "DMCA" is the short way to say the you are filing a Notice of Infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).

1. Denise Handlon profile image88
      Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh. Thanks for the explanation.  I'm sorry that this happened to you.  I hope you are successful in accomplishing the removal of the hub and account.

5. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

As of today, I have had an email from customer support asking me to send a screen shot of the article in question (which I did). I left another comment identifying myself as the rightful owner of the article, and asking that it be removed. So far no action.

It amazes me that they do not moderate comments. I had to take out a membership to comment, though. But I certainly would not leave such comments on my site (not that I would copy an article, either). Go figure.

6. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 6 years ago

I pretended I was Google last time to get them to get rid of an article of mine, although different site, same nationality of lazy spammer. Filing a Dmca is universal I thought, if they have adsense!!