jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Question about Amazon

1. 0
    Charlinexposted 6 years ago

I have not made a single penny from Amazon and would like to hear your experience.

1. If someone (without an Amazon account) saw an Amazon product and click through an ad from your hubpage, Then the person went on to create an account and made the purchase later on. Will you (the hubber) get credit for the purchase?

2. If someone (an Amazon account holder) saw an ad from your hub, and bought an Amazon product, will you get the credit?

Is it better off to eliminate the Amazon links and let Adsense to take over?

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

If someone clicks through to Amazon from an ad on your hub, you get credit for their purchases over the subsequent 24 hours. If they put something in their shopping cart but don't buy it right away, you still get credit as long as they purchase in the subsequent 89 days. There are a few additional caveats, but that's the basic principle.

I took a look at your hubs, and I think you're better off with AdSense. To really make money with Amazon, you have to write sales-focused  hubs around products.

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In my humble opinion, irohner speaks the truth. smile

2. 0
      Charlinexposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! That's what I thought too.

3. Randy Godwin profile image94
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

It is possible to do both, of course!  Some of my hubs earn well on both Adsense and Amazon.  But this may be the exception rather than the rule!