jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

UK Hubbers - Best Wireless Broadband?

1. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

I'm giving up with mobile broadband. Having purchased another dongle, it's no better.

Gripes - I rarely go on youtube, d/load anything etc etc yet I end up with restricted service within days of the new month rolling round. Slow connection - I'm not exaggerating. And that's when it's connected. More often I'm off/on/off/on. It's persistent, beyond annoying and constantly interrupts me when trying to work.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've been copying and pasting my work and the connection's been lost, the work unsaved ...

So, wireless broadband recommendations please. One with a landline included. I just want something that's reasonable, allows me to do what I need to do and certainly doesn't disconnect with wild abandon.

Oh yes - and won't cost me the price of a small island for the initial set up!

Thankyou smile

1. Polly C profile image87
      Polly Cposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We have been with Virgin for ages (formerly NTL). Have you got cable? We have TV, broadband and landline all included, and pay around £55 per month, which includes a cost of about £7 which covers all phone calls made excluding mobiles or those 0800 numbers. We have fast broadband, not sure what it is as my partner deals with that (an IT geek so very fussy). Actually we changed from the fastest speed to the second fastest and didn't notice any difference really.

2. hublim profile image79
    hublimposted 6 years ago

I use virgin media too.

I've never had any connection issues and the speed is great whatever package you have.

I'd check out their site to see what suits you best.

3. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Before you rush into broadband, check to see of Virgin offer 'Fibre Optic' in your area.

This connects straight through any cable box, even if you dont have any cable subscriptions, and currently costs me £20 for unlimited usage.

It is by far the best internet connection I have ever had, and broadband has become to me what dial up became when broadband first emerged.

They will tell you if its available if you enter your postcode on their website. For the same price as broadband I get twice the speed and no downtime whatsoever smile

4. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Boo hoo, I'm not in a fibre optic area it says, typical Hull really is the shits!!!!

5. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

See I posted this a while back and I've been connected but stuck, unable to load any new pages *fumes*

I'm going to check the Virgin site out - thankyou for the tip Ryan smile

Hublim and Polly, thank you too. @ Wayne ... sucky sad

6. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

Do not go with Bt internet-there shit, i have been with them for years and had nothing but trouble- the connection keeps dropping constantly throughout the day and you have to keep having to say "repair this connection"- take it from me it's crap!!