jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (21 posts)

How Much Time Is Too Much Time On One Hub?

1. LSKing profile image86
    LSKingposted 6 years ago

From start to finish, including backlinking, how long does it take to create and promote one hub?

1. Victoria Stephens profile image82
      Victoria Stephensposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I spend about 3 hours researching a hub, about 90 mins writing the hub up on Microsoft word.  Then sleep on it and re read over it the next day and spend approx 15 mins making any necessary adjustments.  15 mins copy n pasting it into hubpages and double checking the layout looks satisfactory.  Plus upto an hour finding the picture that I want.  Then about 3 hours promoting it and replying to peoples questions on various different sites, even if it's just the ones that say “hi how are you”.  So that’s approx 9 hours, give or take a little bit. 

I am still quite new here so I’m sure once I’ve got the hang of things a little more, the time it takes will probably be reduced.

2. shaekelly profile image72
      shaekellyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i was wondering about the time, it is such a lengthy process. I guess it will pay off as soon as I can get some followers. Thanks for the input.

3. shaekelly profile image72
      shaekellyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I need to know how to get  followers and traffic.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

varies big time.

But to answer your question, I have seen people claiming that there have been days where they made over a hundred bucks in just one day from just one hub. So if a single hub makes thousands each month then I won't mind spending says on a single hub. Also, I read someone saying that when was the last time you were paid more than once for something you did?

1. LSKing profile image86
      LSKingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

WOW! Somebody made 100 bucks off of one hub. That sounds unheard of. I wonder what the hub was about. It must have been laced with a magical spell somewhere in the content that made people click on the ads lol!

1. 0
        AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am not that person but I have 1 unpublished hub that I wrote and joined hubpages on June 3, 2010. I have not written anything else and I am not going to write anything else. On September 11, 2010 I began to get page impressions on it almost every day in September and October getting page impressions so far but not as much but it is still early in October and I am still getting page impressions. No earnings yet but it will come. You just need to be patient and write quality hub. People will find out about it in some way. Write quality hub and they will come to read it. I was surprised to start getting page impressions in such a short time so it is just a matter of time when I will be earning money with my 1 unpublished hub on hubpages. I have completed what I wanted to do and it is finish. I am now just kicking back and enjoying the ride. Surely it's a wonderful life. Wish everybody here the very best. Thank you. Go in peace.

2. chinweike profile image50
      chinweikeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The writter of that hub must have done something that no one has ever heard of. Can you please link us to the writters profile?

Because would like to make so much from my effort. Though i make some money but not as i would like to.

1. Mikeydoes profile image79
        Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Can you spend too much time on one hub? I hope not, because I keep working on them all.

3. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

You should spend as much time as you feel on your hubs. How picky you are is what matters? What kind of results you want will appear in your written work.

I've had hubs that took more than 2 months to write. I've written plenty of hubs inside 30 minutes as well.

So it is completely up to you, the writer. smile

4. ChristinaScibona profile image88
    ChristinaScibonaposted 6 years ago

The time spent on each hub will vary alot from one to the next.  You should take all the time you need to accomplish what you want to accomplish.  The more you put into it the more you will get out of it.

5. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Time spent researching and working is time well spent!!

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree. it takes me at least a good 3-6 hours depending whether I need to do research, finding pics and products, etc. sometimes longer if it's a comprehensive hub. I think my first hub was written fairly fast, as I didn't really understand what I was doing.

6. sagebrush_mama profile image80
    sagebrush_mamaposted 6 years ago

I have some that I started months ago, and never got back to...a few, I might delete if I decide I'm not really going to work on it.  However, I like being able to come back to a hub that I've started, and after a week or two, have a fresh perspective or new idea.  Some hubs seem to go quickly, others take a while, depending on the type of hub, and your knowledge and resources.

7. Rhysjc profile image61
    Rhysjcposted 6 years ago

I normally spend a few days coming up with the ideas for the new hub. Like what content I'm going to include. Then I'll do a little more research into it so that the quality of my hub is good. Then I write it, which can take up to 2 hours, depending on the pace I choose. Then I'll probably spend about 2 hours promoting it.

8. TinaAtHome profile image73
    TinaAtHomeposted 6 years ago

I aim to spend no more than 3 hours on a hub. Roughly an hour to write, an hour to upload to HubPages and an hour to backlink.

If I write on a subject where I need to do research, add 2-3 hours to that.

However, I do go back and "Tweak" them frequently when I think there is an improvement that could be made.

9. 0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

It takes me more than half day from start to finish. But hub promotion work is ongoing process it depends upon the competition.

10. jaymelee23 profile image67
    jaymelee23posted 6 years ago

I spent 6 hours on one yesterday. It's about 2500 words though...Normally, an hour to two hours. It depends on the subject. That doesn't include any promotion in those numbers.

11. 0
    Amie Warrenposted 6 years ago

It really depends. I wrote a hub today that took an hour, but honestly, if I have to spend over an hour on a hub, it isn't worth it to me.

We are writing content to get people to click on ads. If we give them too much information, why would they click for more info unless it was an Amazon hub, where we need to give them info to make them want to buy something.

12. shazwellyn profile image84
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

It varies from hub to hub.  Sometimes writing just comes.  But a hub a day is doing quite well I think.

I find myself building a hub from the middle out.  The last bits I complete is the first paragraph and the last. 

Keyword research is always the first thing and it can take some time to do this.

13. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 6 years ago

I only take 40 minutes per hubpage, as I have other important things to do, like making videos and promotions and marketing and sitting on the toilet and write new ideas!