jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Our hubscore is partially based on our fans?

1. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago

Did I mis-read a conversation that said (or so I thought) our hubscore is partially based on the scores of our fans?

1. darkside profile image82
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I have a hub about HubScore which lists all the things that will positively (and also negatively) effect your hubs score.

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Rather on scores of people you are a fan of - to some extent. smile
    I am not sure if score of your fans affect yours, but if it does - then only in a positive way, cause you personally do not have control over who becomes your fan.

SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago in reply to this

where do I find out the extent to which the scores of people I am a fan of, count?

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I don't see how this would have any relevancy, nor have I found anything in HubPages info that would suggest this is actually true.

I think if our fans interact with our hubs (ie give thumb's up or leave comments) that probably has the most effect of anything.

1. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I am speaking from my own experience and communication with HP team on the matter. YMMV smile

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Don't think it is published anywhere. And it shouldn't, as all other parameters that affect hubscore. smile

SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago in reply to this

OHHHHH smile  how strange...why can't we know how to make ourselves better...?

1. Eric Graudins profile image59
        Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

There are heaps of tips that have been posted in the FAQ's etc. that will tell you how to improve your scores.

(But here's a secret one - Become Misha's fan, and your score will increase by 10 smile )

4. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image72
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

It may be possible that our score is partially dependent on our fan's score. Though google do not disclose the policy of scoring it has a logic.If senior people are ur fans that means u have done well.
    jyoti kothari

1. darkside profile image82
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure what Google has to do with HubScore.

5. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image72
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

Its a secret parameter and one can only guess.
    jyoti kothari

working