jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Police Officers Are Our Friends

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

(You may have to do ctrl+)

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What a great story!!! I've come across the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to cops but generally, they're good when you're not breaking the law. 

Case 1:  After receiving a speeding ticket for doing 80 in a 55 on the interstate in Virginia, the trooper handed me my i.d. then walked back to his car.  I yelled a semi-profane comment and in my side mirror I saw him start to walk back toward my car.  Then he just shook his head and got in his own vehicle.  I course, I was mad for getting caught, not really at him.  I felt so bad, I called the station (info on ticket) and apologized to him.

Case 2:  After receiving a speeding ticket for doing 60 in a 45 construction zone on I-65 in Tennessee where they will run you over if you don't keep up, I told the nice man he would have to give everyone on the road a ticket because they were all doing the same speed.  He was very pleasant and I told him his wife was a lucky woman.  When I went downtown to pay the ticket, the clerk told me it had been forgiven.

Case 3:  After receiving a speeding ticket for..no just kidding.

2. ddsurfsca profile image79
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

Maybe one in every 100.  In this county they are putting people in jail and giving them a life of registering as a sex offender for peeing in public.  It ruins people's lives, but the county counts up the cash.

3. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Most cops are great people. It's the stupid laws they have to enforce that drive me nuts.

You can't do a damn thing even in private anymore without thinking how it might get you in trouble. Just minding your own damn biz can get you in trouble in the USA.

I've been thinking of moving to Spain or The Netherlands,,,, smile

1. mrfluffy profile image72
      mrfluffyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I totally agree, before you come to Europe be aware we have the EU, which make some spectacular laws that defies commonsense and as I think about it common stupidity too.