jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Google U.K?

1. 0
    Whikatposted 6 years ago

I have noticed lately that my first search engine traffic seems to be coming from Google UK. I have never noticed this before with any other hubs and I am wondering if that is common or is it a result of Google's latest Instant Search system?

2. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Is it common to get traffic from the UK?

I would say so. My personal searches will come from Google.co.uk by default, even if I type 'Google.com' in the URL bar.

The UK has a population of 63 million. My traffic sources (all time) show:

1st Google.com    1,808,806
    2nd Google.co.uk  478,257

You have simply published something which appeals to the UK reader, that is all. The indexing will be pretty much identical, with the exception of giving some precedent to .co.uk domains where a site has both a .co.uk and a .com.

For example, Amazon.co.uk results show up higher than Amazon.com searches. Whilst eBay.com and eBay.co.uk is another example.

1. 0
      Whikatposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the reply Ryankett,

Your stats are interesting and I am very glad to hear that something I write appeals to someone, regardless where they may be. smile Thank you for the information it is very useful.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Whikat, if you have not done so, set up an analytics account.  It has a map that shows where your views are coming from - I found it fascinating and encouraging to watch as people from all over the world read what little I have to say.

Even though the map is nearly all green now, I still go back occasionally and see if another country has been represented.

1. 0

Thank you Wilderness,
          I do have an analytics account, but have never thought to see where my traffic is coming from my analytics account. I just started using the hubpages stats button on the top and noticed that the Google traffic was coming from other countries.  Thanks for the information. I am excited now to see where some of my other websites traffic are coming from. smile

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I get traffic from different Google sites all over the world smile

1. 0

Congrats Uninvited Writer,
      I am looking forward to the day, that I will be able to say that smile

4. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

it wont be long. I have been here six months and I can say that too!
    if you look at analytics you can see what countries people are from and be amazed at the countries mentioned- not just the english speaking world