jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Who Made This So Addictive? :-)

1. pkmcr profile image84
    pkmcrposted 8 years ago

Evening All

Hope we are all keeping well?

Someone definitely made hubpages addictive!  Who was it?  Come on own up! smile LOL

I cannot believe that just a short while ago I published my 50th Hub!  Wow this is just so easy to get caught up in - even to the extent of when we were having a few days away I was thinking "Oh I could do a hub about ....."

Here's to the next 50 smile

Take care

1. Dorsi profile image89
      Dorsiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

lol... it is addictive! I've been here 3 months and have almost 30 hubs. I'm presently having to pull myself away from the computer just to get some important things done...lol....

2. 0
    Jonno.Nortonposted 8 years ago

For real, I've only been on the site for about 8 days now, and I have 9 Hubs and I'm already working on my next 3 simultaneously. I like this site a lot, it's got a lot more functionality than Blogger, especially with the ad revenue stuff. Blogger only does AdSense it seems, and the widgets are somewhat limited.

1. Lissie profile image86
      Lissieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You can do other ads just my adding the html code - which you cant in Hubpages 

Why is hubpages so addictive ... oh s..t I feel a hub coming on!

2. Lissie profile image86
      Lissieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I wrote a quick hub comparing the 2 as it comes up quite often in the forums http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubpages-Blogger-Compared

3. DJ Funktual profile image86
    DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago

LOL!  Lissie is so right on.  I have a conversation on thread and I start a hub..
    another one in a comment section, I start another one.  Someone COMPLIMENTS ME and I start like 5!

My wife and I have had repeated discussions about the difference between addiction and enthusiasm. LOL.

4. crashcromwell profile image81
    crashcromwellposted 8 years ago

I echo all of these sentiments. I signed up like five months ago, but I only posted a few small hubs and promptly forgot about it. I was living in transition at the time, and didn't have regular access to a computer.

When my darling wife decided to give me a second chance, I was reunited with my computer, and I was shocked to find I had fans. That's when I started writing. So I've published 41 hubs, but most of those have been since April.

Now I am a full-blown addict. My wife gets irritated when I go online if the kids are awake, so I try to stick only to nap time and bed time, but I will admit that when my wife goes out to run errands, the gate goes up to keep my one year old in close proximity, and most of the time I'm checking my traffic, getting caught up with comments that have been posted, etc.

In my case, I am addicted because I can't get enough of watching my traffic and hubber score going up.

I'm starting to feel like I need Hubbers Anonymous....Hi, my name is Jim, I am a hubaholic......

5. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Not a new problem aparently - Jimmy wrote this one months ago: http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubaholics-anonymous

6. pkmcr profile image84
    pkmcrposted 8 years ago

I shall be keeping an eye out for all the new hubaholics hubs then LOL

Take care