jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Should I use 'Allowed Sites' feature under AdSense Setup tub?

1. cameciob profile image76
    cameciobposted 6 years ago

I'm a little confused about "Allowed Sites" feature under AdSense Setup tab. There are 2 options:
    "Allow any sites to show ads for my account"
    "Only allow certain sites to show ads for my account"
    Which one is to be used for hubpages?
    Does it make a difference in earnings if you choose one over another? I've been looking into this issue for sometime and I still have no answer. Thank you

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

The feature is designed to prevent someone from using your Adsense code on a "bad neighborhood" domain in an attempt to get your account closed - so that is something a wicked competitor might try to do. Not very likely. Only allowing certain sites is the safest option, and will not impact your earnings; it merely means that you have to manually authorize what sites that you allow you affiliate ID to be used on.

1. cameciob profile image76
      cameciobposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thaks for your answer WE. If I choose the second option, only allow certain site..." and not manualy enter hubpages.com then what would happen?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome. Ads would definitely still be displayed on HubPages' 40% share of the page impressions. As for your own 60%, I imagine they would not run. If they did run, it would be under HubPages' Adsense account, not yours.

3. cameciob profile image76
    cameciobposted 6 years ago

I imagine that some hubbers may have multiple websites under one adsense account but if I am only interested in just one, hubpage, then I can just choose the second option and enter hubpages.com in that window.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Exactly.

working