jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Traffic Spike

1. Winterfate profile image98
    Winterfateposted 6 years ago

I've gotten over 800 page views on this site today (which is about 100 more than yesterday). I think some of my choice hubs are maturing. big_smile

To celebrate the occasion, I'm going to post two tips for newbies:

- How-to guides tend to bring more traffic than other types of hubs, according to my personal experience. If you're just writing for fun and don't care about the $$, then disregard this tidbit.

- Keyword research is pretty good, but generally, if you write good quality hubs, word of mouth will do wonders on its own.

Now, I'm going to go watch a movie. Take care and have fun! wink
    -Winterfate

2. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Winterfate, Congrats!! Celebrate, party away you deserve it! Thank you for the great tip and I will take the cue..smile

3. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Good job! I think some of mine are maturing too... plus the Christmas rush is starting.

Totally agree with your tips - if you write a really good quality piece it can still get lots of traffic if people organically link to it.

4. nikmaya62 profile image50
    nikmaya62posted 6 years ago

I agree with you. In the beginning I write anything that is appeared in my mind, but after read several tips in the forum I try to change my strategy before writing a hub, I do the keywords research first, but it make my hubs got a little traffic. For comparison, my hubs that I've written without doing keywords research are get traffic from search engine, but why after I do a keywords research search engine didn't bring a reader for my hubs.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are you doing keyword research correctly?

You need to use the 'exact' search and make sure there isn't high competition.

1. nikmaya62 profile image50
        nikmaya62posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I chose the keywords which have a high paying and high search every month.

5. profile image62
    Mistress Cleanseposted 6 years ago

Those spikes are always great. Do you know why it happened? Did you get some good organic backlinks?

6. Winterfate profile image98
    Winterfateposted 6 years ago

@Mistress Cleanse: Well, I did a keyword search for my hub with the most traffic and it appears that I have no competition for what I'm writing in
    (the irony is that I didn't keyword research for that particular hub. Haha).

To be quite honest, I have no idea if I'm getting organic backlinks. I would assume so though. yikes

working