jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

How do you like me now!?!

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

For those that don't know, when I first heard about "the social network" movie, and "catfish", I planned it out to be a trifecta if you will.  You see, I figured since Facebook is a huge internet sensation, I'd write a hub about the dangers of facebook, which did a lot better than i ever could've expected.  Leading into the catfish film that was about the dangers of online dating through facebook, to finally the masterpiece of my trifecta.."the social network."  a film that's based on the life of Mark Zuckerberg, the man who founded and created facebook. 

this is probably the first time I ever wrote a hub series before outside of the oscars and film previews, as i don't get to write a lot of them.  however, im very proud of them to be quite honest. therefore, i'm curiously to see what you guys think.  did i do such a great job?  or not?  please be honest, as i really would appreciate feedback on this.  here is the three hubs that are part of my facebook trifecta series.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Dangers-of-Facebook

http://hubpages.com/hub/Catfish-2010

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Social-Network-2010

2. Stevennix2001 profile image82

i guess nobody has something add?

1. Diane Inside profile image87
      Diane Insideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just read the facebook dangers, I already knew them, I am not a user of facebook.

I like my privacy too much. Looked good though. Very informative hope people take heed.

I'm off to read more.

1. NightEmpress profile image60
        NightEmpressposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So what about the HP's dangers ? Maybe you should ask about them. I can recall a few. Stalking, harassing, messing up with people's personal stuff, disgusting e-mails, suicide threats, etc, etc, etc, .....

Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmm..thats a very good point. i didn't think of that.  maybe i should write a hub about that, as I'm sure people love to read it.  thanks for the idea night empress.

3. Diane Inside profile image87
    Diane Insideposted 6 years ago

on the Catfish hub.  20/20 had a story on this very topic once. Turned out a boy was killed from jealousy over a girl two men were persueing, the girl in the end turned out to be not a 19yr old sweetheart, but in fact her 43yr old mother.

Sad.

4. Diane Inside profile image87
    Diane Insideposted 6 years ago

As far as facebook goes, do people not realize that all the information they provide there is not that hard for anyone to get.

Do you know that when you go for a job interview, that the interviewer, will most likely look you up on facebook.  And if they don't like what they see, bye, bye, job.

i know.  that's why i never mention anything about my jobs on facebook, and i have mine set up as private, so only my friends can see what i post.  besides, i have little hide, but you are right though. i think the problem with facebook is that it's very easy for employers to not only use against you, but it's a good way to attract stalkers as well.  in fact, did you know that facebook is introducing a new gps feature to allow users to find out where their friends live?  that's scary.  like I told one person that told me that, i'll have to look into that to see if it only applies to users with public profiles.  if it's not limited to public profiles, then i'll definitely cancel my facebook account, as i don't want anyone to find out where i live that easily if you know what i mean.  thanks for reading my hubs diane.  i appreciate the feedback. smile

5. Astra Nomik profile image79
    Astra Nomikposted 6 years ago

I do not use facebook as there is way too much information available on it and I don't trust that many people having access. The gps feature is interesting as businesses could make use of it. But women would be prone to weird people stalking them, perhaps. I like good old emails and my Hubs. They are enough for me.

yeah, that's true.  In fact, I can smell a few lawsuits and cases like that waiting to happen already with this feature.  Don't get me wrong, I think Mark Zuckerberg is a creative genius for his innovation, but this gps feature sounds like he's taking things way too far with Facebook.  i just hope this doesn't apply to private users too for if it does, then facebook will be hearing from me about this.

6. Stevennix2001 profile image82

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3934509_f248.jpg

7. Stevennix2001 profile image82

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/3934676.jpg

8. Cheeky Girl profile image87
    Cheeky Girlposted 6 years ago

The cats are hilarious! Heh! So cute!

working