jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Why does it say I have duplicate content?

1. 73
    sharong2posted 6 years ago

Hi had an article published on Associated Content and Bukisa, a few weeks ago when I posted it on Hubpages it said that a substantial amount of it was duplicated. Last night I deleted it off Associated content and I just deleted it off Bukisa but it still tells me that it's duplicated.
    Is it because it still appears on the web somehow? does it take a few days to disappear? I want to sign up for Google Adsense but as far as I know they don't allow any duplicated content.
    What should I do? What's going on?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You can do a Google search for your article, and will probably find that it is still indexed. There can be cached copies as well. It should resolve itself after awhile. If it takes more than a couple of weeks, you can contact HubPages and ask them to review it manually.

1. 73
      sharong2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! I did a search and there are cached copies..
      I'll wait and see if it resolves on its own.

Thank You!

3. 0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

You have just one hub try to make 5 o more hub then apply to adsense. Don't post any artilce which was earlier posted in somewhere.

1. 73
      sharong2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you think I shouldn't post it at all? Or should I post it after I apply to adsense?

Thnaks smile

1. 0
        TopUniverseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Posting unique artilce is best for all the time.

4. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 6 years ago

Hiya sharong2!
    Sometimes there's a bit of a lag with the duplicated content checker - so in time, it'll probably come up clean.  If it doesn't, send me a message and I'll have a look big_smile

5. 0
    Jasmine JellyBabyposted 6 years ago

Though I may be new here, but the one thing I do know is that once you publish an article elsewhere and try to publish it on hubpages, chances are you will get flagged for it. Besides your traffic stats will also suffer so avoid using articles that have already been published. Be original at all times, that's how you make it on here.

6. Anaya M. Baker profile image91
    Anaya M. Bakerposted 6 years ago

What are the rules on submitting content that was written for hubpages somewhere else? One of the reasons I was drawn to hubpages is that supposedly "we own the content." If I want to publish a hub article somewhere else do I have to remove it on hubpages first?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You don't have to but it will dilute the earning potential if you post it in too many places.

1. 60
        Ross Kposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just curious where does it say "duplicate" under hub statistics?  Both my articles were removed?  I know for a FACT these articles are nowhere else on the net.  Whats the deal?