jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

Fuel Crisis Solution - Use Your Car or SUV without petrol or diesel.

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

Hi,

With the current high gas prices  (currently around $A1.70 per litre), I though I'd let you know about a method of using your car that uses only water and a commonly available biomass for fuel.

Whilst many have said that this is impossible, a close look at the patent application really impressed me as something that would work.

Some slight modifications are needed, but these would be well within the capabilities of most car enthusiasts with a bit of mechanical ability.

Here's a link to the Patent Filing papers.

http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?CY=ep&a … =GB1405575

I predict that we'll see this method in common use in a few years time.

2. shailini profile image60
    shailiniposted 8 years ago

ha ha..sure it would work 100%

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Sounds a little more practical than the alternative water for gas scam lol

4. funride profile image80
    funrideposted 8 years ago

I´m still not sure it will work though big_smile.

I´ll wait for our auto-expert (read: Misha) opinion before buying the e-book lol.

Misha!! Help us here! tongue

Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure he'll be posting here as soon as he gets back from  Nags'R'Us 
      He wants to beat the rush and get a goodun.  lol lol lol

5. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

While at the first uneducated glance this solution seems viable (as many other solutions do), it has several underwater problems that render it unusable or at least less efficient than solutions it was designed to replace. Just a short non complete list:
    1. You have to feed the horse even if you don't drive, which may eliminate any economy - depending of the use frequency
    2. Horse excrements collection not solved
    3. Most people do not have the place for horse to live
    etc.
    lol

6. funride profile image80
    funrideposted 8 years ago

I was sure this was just another scam! big_smile
    Thanks Misha wink.

lol

7. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up Misha.

I was wondering how I was going to get the horse up the stairs to my apartment. It seemed skittish and the neighbors are starting to complain about the smell in the parking lot.

Anyone need a good, low-mileage nag?

Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That's got nothing to do with the horse Mr. Knowles - we know all about your latest health kick:
      "Lose Weight on an All Bean Diet" lol

8. ripplemaker profile image90
    ripplemakerposted 8 years ago

The fuel increase is indeed affecting my "budget."  sad  Well, the idea of a horse!  Whew... big_smile

9. kerryg profile image88
    kerrygposted 8 years ago

To Misha's list, I would add the question of why they've got the horse *pushing* the car instead of pulling it. A good horse can pull up to six times his own body weight (though they're generally worked far lower, at more like 1 1/2 times per horse) but pushing?

1. funride profile image80
      funrideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I think it was because that concept (a horse pulling something) it was already patented big_smile. But good point though.

10. profile image0
    Jonno.Nortonposted 8 years ago

Oh my goodness, I totally was expecting some kind of bio-diesel for SUVs, like you see on those converted Mercedes all over California. I seriously LOLed at this, thanks for that smile

11. thranax profile image53
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Lmao on the news 3 kids rode horses to school instead of paying for gas, must be interesting for them.

working