jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

100 hubs in 30 days challenge starting!

1. cluongo18 profile image60
    cluongo18posted 6 years ago

I just signed up and see great potential in this site! I cranked out 4 hubs today. I think im going to aim for 100 hubs in 30 days!

wish me luck!

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Cluongo18, welcome to HP!  100 hubs in 30 days is a mighty big task for most.  I just read two of your hubs and I can certainly see how you'll be able to do it.

I have to ask you, if you were searching for information online and came across one of your hubs would you be satisfied with the amount of information you would find once you got there? 

In your Miley Cyrus hub, you have a total of 116 words (w/o title) and only 85 of yours (I assume) since the rest are a quote from Miley. 

Hubs typically are magazine article length and quality.  Most believe they should be at a minimum 500 words.  Many believe 800-1200 is best. 

I don't want to discourage you, because I think you have the drive and the potential to do really well here.  I just think you need to beef your articles up and provide more of what a viewer would want to see when they click on your hub.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
      schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

great advice KCC,

Do you think my hubs are too short? I never counted the words...
      but I don't like writing more than 500 words usually. My hubs are prob mostly 300-500 words....me guessing.

The main reason I don't like to write over 500 words is I write from inspiration and it flows but not that long.......and ...maybe I'm too "lazy"
      I myself don't like reading very long hubs hmm

3. SimeyC profile image90
    SimeyCposted 6 years ago

While you might be able to do this, I think you really should listen to KCC Big Country! Even when you do a product hub, you really should have a minimum of 300 words. Just think about what you look for when you search for a product, or for some information - now if you can do 100 hubs with 300+ words or more then great.

However I'd also ask what are you actually trying to achieve? Are you looking for decent traffic, and perhaps some nice income? If so - you'd be better off working on four or five hubs this month and learning (from the experts on here like KCC) what it takes to make a great hub that will bring traffic and potentially earn you money!

4. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 6 years ago

I certainly wish you lots of luck, and 100 in 30 days IS ambitious.  I'm personally aiming for 100 in 50.  Welcome to HP smile

5. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Schoolgirlforreal, I looked at 3-4 of your hubs and the length looks fine to me.  500-800 is my comfort zone, but I do try to push myself to at least 1000.  I believe that readers like a quick easy read, but under 200 words will leave them very unsatisfied I think.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
      schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would agree ,thx smile

6. cluongo18 profile image60
    cluongo18posted 6 years ago

thanks guys, im just getting used to the whole system and seeing whats acceptable or not. I just did a hub on selling websites. let me know what you think, its more lengthy.

working