jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Hub Polls

1. LSKing profile image86
    LSKingposted 6 years ago

How do you encourage people to take the " hub polls " Am I wasting my time by adding them?

1. Super Chef profile image64
      Super Chefposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I dont think there is anyway to encourage people to take it. I mean if they really enjoyed your hub then they might take the poll, otherwise if they just scan it and cant find what they are looking for, They will just click off your hub.

2. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

If the poll is fun and interesting to your readers, they may take the poll, but there is no way to make sure people will take your polls - sorry. sad

3. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

I've added a few polls to some of my hubs. While its true not many visitors take the polls, it can add something to the hub.  Such as:  A serious question with 8 choices of answer ranging from obnoxious to hilarious. 

The question & answers could even spark something to a visitors comments.

4. Diane Inside profile image87
    Diane Insideposted 6 years ago

Rafini is right polls do add something to your hubs, even if not everybody participates.  Sometimes people actually read them and think of what their answer is but for some reason do not click the answer.

I do that on occasion, without even thinking. I know I should since I know the writer would appreciate the feedback.

But many people especially viewers outside of hubpages, do not think about that.

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

The Hub polls I have that do really well ask a question that is of importance to the visitor, and which has distinct simple answers.  I've got one poll that over 9000 people have answered.