jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Exploring keyword mysticism - now what?

1. J Sunhawk profile image82
    J Sunhawkposted 6 years ago

In Google keyword tool, I found a keyword phrase with a good local monthly search number - 33,100 - plus low competition.

To optimize this phrase, how many times should it appear in a 2,000 word hub? General number...

There's 9 web pages with the keyword phrase in the "allintitle" search.

Is there another analytic I should look at to get a better picture of this keyword phrase?

Thanks

2. sunforged profile image65
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

"
    To optimize this phrase, how many times should it appear in a 2,000 word hub"

The amount of times you would naturally use it while writing 2000 words will suffice.

J Sunhawkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When I wrote the rough draft, I used the phrase five times.

Then I added four more. The placement of the additional four doesn't seem unnatural, but I reader might think differently. I'll sit in the stew for a few days and let it simmer.

Thanks for your input, sunforged.

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

I would say 6 to 10 times, but don't force it.  Write naturally, but do pay attention to where the phrase is used, such as sub-titles.

You might take a look at the page rank of the top competition, as well as the number of links to those sites and where they are coming from.

J Sunhawkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

By "top competition" do you mean the web sites I found in the "allintitle" search?

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

What Sunforged was saying is that you should not force keywords in your articles. In my experience, you should have your keyword in your title, URL and at least once in the text. Optimally, you would have it as a tag and in a subhead title as well. Other than that, do not try to force keywords in,and just let them fall naturally. Google does not rank webpages based on keyword density, so it's a futile exercise at best.

To assess your competition, just do a Google search for your keyword. Take a look at the PR of the sites returned on page 1. Do you think you can realistically outrank them?

5. 0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

You can good enough to compete with the pages that has PR of upto 3.

6. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 6 years ago

I concur with the rest of the gang- don't force it.
    What you might do, instead, to improve the searchability of your hub, is to include OTHER attractive keywords you see in the Google Keyword Tool into your text.  This allows you to cast a wider net, as it were.

We mention that here: http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/google-keyword-tool/

working