jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

I'm Baaack!

1. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

Hey Hey, Hubbers!  I made it home safely from La Crescenta, California where I attended a funeral for a beloved uncle.  I vowed never to return to Southern California after the death of my mother back in 1988, but changed my mind when I heard this news.
    I am glad to say that I actually listened to the words of others online who advised me not to miss the opportunity at hand.  Even though it was a tragic affair, the service was replete with many family members I am proud to call my own!
    I am a very blessed and lucky woman.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
    schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago

Very glad things went well Lorlie smile I guess it couldn't have gone better. May he rest in peace.

3. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Congratulations, lorlie. So glad you made the "sentimental journey" back home. Good results can come from brave actions.

4. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

Glad you returned home.  Glad you made it back too!

5. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

You did the right thing by going. Glad the experience with your family ended up being so positive.

You were very much missed here and especially at Hub Camp!!
    Welcome back, sweetie! (((LORLIE))) MM

6. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Welcome back.  I'm glad you made the journey and it worked out well for you.

7. Onusonus profile image87
    Onusonusposted 6 years ago

Oh your'e back. I thought you said you were Barack. I was about to ask some tough questions about the economy.

8. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 6 years ago

so glad you're back, honestly and none the worse for the wear - I hope you've got a good idea for your halloween outfit - I'm trying on a bunch of different things - just to see which will get the best reaction!

9. 0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

Hi Lorlie, so good to have you back. I'm glad there was some good in the bad. smile

10. MPG Narratives profile image86
    MPG Narrativesposted 6 years ago

Good to see you back smile Sorry to hear about your Uncle, funerals and weddings are the places to be when catching up with relatives, so well done.

11. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

The good outweighed the bad, that's for sure.  I reconnected with family I thought had written me off long ago.  I went through many years of drug addiction and alcoholism, ignoring my heritage.  But they've welcomed me back with open arms.
    I love them all, and I love my HubPages family as well! smilesmile