Broke the 500 reads in 24 hours barrier

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (27 posts)
  1. ecoggins profile image91
    ecogginsposted 13 years ago

For the very first time (that I am aware of) I crossed the 500 reads in one day threshold. In about a week, I'll cross the 10,000 read barrier for one hub. Not too bad for a very part-time hubber.

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

honestly that is exactly what we need - you.  And a challenge that mirrors it that is finished with one weekly hub as a review and clearly featuring which we choose

except hold on

wtf? 500?  Be honest or I'll tell, you read 500 hubs completely?  Did you comment each time ? keep track? huh? wtf?  that is cool, cause communities that are eager to join are ones I believe that first show interest not crave a thrown or battle a point.

Just want to say way to go and I really need to hear that today thank you 500? dang

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3933877.gif

ecogginsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think maybe I miscommunicated. I didn't read 500 other hubs in one day, 500 other people read my hubs in one day.

Now can I ask you why you are shooting me? I guess I can't speak for all the other hubbers replying to this post, but I find that image very disturbing.

2. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Red letter day for me too!  I just crossed 1000 views for one day, for the first time that I am aware of.  But I'm no where near 10K views on a single hub.  I have about 4 hubs with 5K to 5.5K lifetime views.  Congrats on your achievements!

Wow 1000 views in one day! Awesome! Congratulations to you too. I hope to be there soon.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...wow, that's pretty good!...impressive I say!

3. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

Very cool. I almost made it to 400 reads yesterday, which would have been a new high for me. 10,000 on one hub is excellent. Did you do any backlinking or SEO or did you just let it all come naturally?

1. adrienne2 profile image65
      adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a good question Cooper.  I would like to know as well if you did any backlinking?  I find myself wondering how big a difference does backlinking really make?

2. ecoggins profile image91

Actually it all came naturally. I wrote a piece on President Obama that quickly jumped to the first page of the three top search engines and it has been riding ever since. I do have a similar article on Obama listed with suite101 that is also on the front page but the two are not linked.

4. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

well done
    for a minute there i thought that you meant that you had read 500 hubs in a day... my mind was really boggling there

Yeah...sorry about the miscommunication. That would be mind-boggling wouldn't it?

5. katiem2 profile image59
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Congrats on the page views and or reads.  smile

Thank you. Interestingly, according to the hub statistics most of the people who access my top articles stick around to read the whole copy, so they seem to be mostly reads and not just momentary page views.

6. sid_candid profile image58
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

Wow this is great. Many congratulations. Wish you many more success for future. smile

Thank you Sid. What has amazed me most is how my top articles have snowballed in terms of reads. I would have expected the articles to hit the frontpage of Google for a moment in time and then be swept behind by newer articles. But fortunately for me, my top articles have stayed put on the search engines and the reads keep multiplying almost exponentially. I know other more experienced writers have told me about the snowball effect and now I know it is true.

7. Angela_1973 profile image62
    Angela_1973posted 13 years ago

Congratulations ecoggins!
    I am always so happy to see a hub pages article when I look for something on Google!

Thank you Angela_1973.

8. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 13 years ago

Here's to snowballs!  New terminology for me other than memories of snowball fights when I was a kid.  Ha!  Seriously...congratulations!  Obviously a well written and topical subject!

Thank you Peggy, I appreciate the encouragement.

9. chinweike profile image59
    chinweikeposted 13 years ago

Wow! Good to hear these success stories. My highest has been 158 in a single day.

I hope it will grow soon as i will soon have time to do more promotion for my hubs and other online ventures.

Cheers!

Thank you chinweke. I wish you all the best in your writing career at hubpages.

10. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

That's amazing!  I love reading these success stories because they give me hope!!!

KristenGrace, I am happy that I could inspire others like you to keep going.

11. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Great report!  I guess it wasn't just me, then - My previous record of one day views went down the drain as well, and by a huge chunk.  According to Adsense (about 60% of HP stats) my previous record of 252 views in one day is now 388.  If only the clicks had kept up. (Sigh)

Interestingly, I got up to 450 about a month ago and then like you dropped down to the mid 200s for a couple weeks and now I am back up to 500. So hang in there.

12. MPG Narratives profile image59
    MPG Narrativesposted 13 years ago

Awesome figures, 10K views really? for one hub? That's amazing. Well done ecoggins.

Thank you MPG. I appreciate it. Best of everything to you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)