jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Started the 30 Day Challenge :)

1. Anaya M. Baker profile image93
    Anaya M. Bakerposted 6 years ago

Started the 30 day challenge, now on day 3 with 2 hubs!

Between working as a freelance writer and going to grad school, there's never enough time in the day for what I want to write. I'm hoping the hub challenge will help me carve out that much needed time for myself in the midst of all the chaos.

Most of the stuff I put on hubpages is just things I like to write about, mostly literature and generally more obscure work. I find it a great break from my other freelancing work, which, though paying, is pretty boring. I don't really expect a lot of money from my hubs, its more my outlet. My main goal for the 30 hubs is to develop a stronger writing voice, and to have some fun!

I'm curious what other hubbers reasons are for doing the challenge? What do you guys and gals hope to get from it? What are the most common roadblocks or frustrations you've run into?

1. Benoitsmidget profile image59
      Benoitsmidgetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just read your Hub! Great stuff that I found very useful. Good Luck with your challenge. I think I may just join you! I look forward to reading what you come up with.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image84
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

good luck- gonna sit down and look at yr hub now

3. CASE1WORKER profile image84
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

Hi just read your hub re the flea- just wondering whether you could put an extract from the poem on it as it would be easier to see some of the imagery you describe, in the words

1. Anaya M. Baker profile image93
      Anaya M. Bakerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for the suggestion! Just added an extract and come to think of it, a link to the complete poem wouldn't be a bad idea either thanks!

4. FloBe profile image80
    FloBeposted 6 years ago

Good for you! One of these days I will get brave enough to do the same smile

5. Lady_E profile image81
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

Good Luck Anaya,
    It will be well worth it. smile

6. Anaya M. Baker profile image93
    Anaya M. Bakerposted 6 years ago

Thanks for all the encouragement! Three down, just 27 to go!

1. KristenGrace profile image60
      KristenGraceposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can make it smile Good luck

7. Christina A profile image61
    Christina Aposted 6 years ago

I am giving it a go because it seems a good way to get started with Hubpages.  It is hard though - just trying to think of content that is of a reasonable standard is doing my head in!  I am halfway through....

working