jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Spam Comments Indicator

1. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Is there any chance of providing some kind of notice re spammy comments? I do a sweep of my hubs now and then and I never fail to unearth spam comments. They tend not to show (for some reason) so unless I do a regular check they remain attached to what could be a strong web page - meaning they get the benefit.

Or is there a 'thing' already in place and I've swtiched it off or some such?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We don't have notifications in place, but you can go to your comments moderation page and choose "spam" from the dropdown menu under Filter (where you see the default is "unmoderated").

2. 0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago

I think you do not get notified of them, but they remain unseen by the public. I know Ive had one or two and only found them when looking at my hubs when I am signed in. (I do have my hub's comments set so that I have to approve them first..but I can't remeber how I did it. Or if that even matters.)

3. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Thankyou Maddie. That worked great. Don't need any other indication, can just check that out now. I'm assuming it picks up spam in general?