jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

What should I do??

1. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Several of my hubs include a note from HP that the hubs may have been copied on another site. What do I do? Any advice? Thanks in advance!

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've been hearing a lot of people say this in the past few days.  What's going on?  I'm sure someone will come on that knows.

2. Ohma profile image80
      Ohmaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Habee, talk to Oli he knows a lot about these things. Also Sunforged might be a helpful resource.

3. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are a lot of Hubs on this site which talk about what to do.  A link to one is included below.  If you go to copied Hubs section of your dashboard, you'll not only get more info, but HubPages gives you a form letter you can use to file that already has all the info you need.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Fine-Tuning-You … gs_4915593

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

we will automatically be informed by the HP staffs after a certain period of our hubs being copied , right?

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
          KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Whenever they find them you'll have the red copyright symbol.  I agree with Relache that HP must have just excuted a big scan since so many of us have seen a bunch show up all of a sudden.

4. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can change your content.

2. LSKing profile image86
    LSKingposted 6 years ago

Wow....I can't wait to see what the answer is for this. I sorry this happened to you....

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

There seems to be a growing problem with this - I've seen several posts lately about stolen content.

Perhaps we should all go to the site and leave a message.  Could you imagine the reaction to opening the site up and finding 500 messages to "Keep your scummy, thieving hands OFF the copyrighted material at HubPages!"? big_smile  It'd take an hour just to clean 'em out!

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's not so much a growing problem as it is one of those times when HubPages runs whatever sort of scan they have that finds copied Hubs.  I've always got a few, and each time they check, a few new ones are found to replace the few I got removed.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's disappointing to hear.  I've been thinking it was pretty rare, but if you always have a few....

Part of successfully writing on the 'net, I guess.

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

At least it keeps hubbers busy wink

5. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I'm so glad I haven't had a copied hub yet.

(With the exception of one copied and pasted into the notes of a facebook group of which I was a member, but they were good about that!)

I dread the day it happens. I'll just take it as a sign that my writing isn't good enough or salesy enough to copy yet. lol

6. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 6 years ago

Do you find this note from HP on the hub itself?  Should I be going to each one to check on this?

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You'll find a little red (C) copyright symbol next to the title of your hub on your "My Account" page that lists all of your hubs.

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks! I guess I don't have any then.

7. blondepoet profile image80
    blondepoetposted 6 years ago

Hi Habee happens to me all the time. Hp should have given you a link to these sites to file a complaint along with the info u need. If there is no link provided, try and find a email address to the people in charge of the site and tell them you are going to file a DMCA complaint against them unless they pull them down.

8. nikmaya62 profile image47
    nikmaya62posted 6 years ago

I think no problem if there is somebody has copied part of our content and he give us a backlink. But if he just copy and not give link back, so it can be a problem. You have to call him.

9. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Thanks, guys! Tech dummy that I am, I didn't realize a link to the site in question could be obtained by clicking. Duh!!

I've contacted all the ones that were "contactable." Is that a word?? lol

Some were Nigerian, with no contact info.

working