jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Same title, different content...

1. ripplemaker profile image90
    ripplemakerposted 8 years ago

Hi, I would just like to ask.  Supposing you have hubs with the same title but different content, does that bring us into "trouble" or something?

Here's a hub I wrote-- ARE YOU MY MISSING PIECE?
    http://hubpages.com/hub/MissingPiece

And this guy Ananta65 wrote a hub to answer the reflections in his hub with the same title--ARE YOU MY MISSING PIECE?
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Are-You-My-Missing-Piece

It's great that he answered the questions listed in my hub and actually came up with a hub about it.  But our titles are the same.  Is this ok? Advantage?  Disadvantage?  Just want to clarify.  Thanks. big_smile

1. MrMarmalade profile image80
      MrMarmaladeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I am glad you asked the question?
      I have been putting some information on a hub and asking several Hubbers to give me 300 words on the topic. Hard drive went down and the computer was out of action. Received a new hard drive free. Could not recover the information. Now another Hubber has used the same title. I have wondered myself if I can use that title now?
      Thanks

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image73
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

The title is not same in the eyes of computers. It is separated by dashes. I think it can go.http
    <unrelated link snipped>

jyoti kothari

1. weblog profile image60
      weblogposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Jyoti, it is not only about how computers see the hubs but also you have to think on how the fellow hubbers and visitors see the hubs. I guess the major differences will be the thumbnails and summary of the both hubs when they are listed in hot, best sections.

3. ripplemaker profile image90

Mr. M, nobody has answered us yet. big_smile hehe I have to change now for work, so will have to check back later.

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Michelle, I don't think there are any difficulties from search engines point of view. smile

ripplemakerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

heheh am sneaking a look before leaving.  Misha!  ok, i will take your word for it.  I was going to ask him to kindly change his title big_smile  but if it's okay then I will leave it at that. THANKs!

4. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image73
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

It is already replied.
    Jyoti Kothari

Thanks Jyoti for replying...but what I meant was the title, not the link.  Our links are different.

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

You are welcome Michelle smile
    Yes, I think it's OK to have identical titles, and you don't need to poke the other guy wink

6. ripplemaker profile image90

Misha, how could you think of me poking??? lol  Anyhow, I got back and got a surprise.  In the Doghouse ( Diana) actually noticed what happened and ever so kindly asked him to change or add the title to avoid confusion.  And he has added a few words so now it's not the same anymore.  Yay!  big_smile

Thanks In the Doghouse, Diana, my friend.  Thank you.

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Gently wink

Hahaha  big_smile

working