jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Finding & Using Long Tail Keywords

1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I've decided to try and work on some long tail keywords. (Currently experimenting in a few areas at the moment.)

Just wondering if anyone on the site tries for long tails (intentionally) and if you have any advice or any findings you'd like to share.

1. Bill Manning profile image70
      Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes I do long tails on my own sites. It gives you a lot more traffic after a while. I type in what I think is a good long tail in Google search bar and see what related ones pop up.

I have sites that get thousands of different long tail search terms per month. So it's well worth it. I don't know any good solid ways to research them however, except for seeing what google search gives you in related searches.

1. girly_girl09 profile image79
        girly_girl09posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ditto...I do this too. Also, I sometimes just use logic and try to guess what I would personally search for. Usually my logic doesn't work as well as the "google method" that Bill outlines above.

Long tails are great for sites with low PR, as you can basically guarantee traffic, albeit it a small trickle. But, the more posts you have, those 1-5 hits a day pages start to add up once you add more content! Long tails obviously would work even better on HP or any site with higher authority.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

there is some advice from the recent Hub Camp in the Learning Center. I think it's on the second video with Robin.

my only advice would be to make sure you use them not only in your title, but in your text, but don't get carried away with the same phrases all over your page. you probably already know that.
    sunforged is good with this topic as is susana s.

http://hubpages.com/search/include:hubs … l+keywords

3. frogdropping profile image83
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Try search assist. Mishas has a hub on it. All is explained within it smile

4. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the feedback.

I've been trying the lowest searched terms in the keyword tool, too and that seems to have actually gotten me some good views too.

5. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Please do continue the discussion as I am following it avidly!!

6. MPG Narratives profile image86
    MPG Narrativesposted 6 years ago

I've gone back to some of my first hubs and added long tail keywords with some success. It does make sense to use them as not many people type in one word when searching in google do they?

Anyway, I find they work better for me and they do help to spruce up some under performing hubs.