jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Does Adsense "Hold" Clicks?

1. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Yesterday was a great traffic day for me, at about 250% of normal.  Unfortunately, my CTR was way down as was earnings (earnings about 50% of normal)

Today traffic is on the low side, although not too bad.  The CTR, on the other hand, is about 400% of normal and earnings over 300% of normal.

All told Monday totally destroyed my all time one day traffic record, and today it was the CTR, no. of clicks and income records that were destroyed.  Pretty neat as I also made a rare sale on Amazon, netting $4.

Does it seem that Adsense will sometimes put a hold on reporting clicks, maybe to check for authenticity or something, and then report them the next day?

1. gracenotes profile image93
      gracenotesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just my impression (excuse the pun), and I may be wrong, but I'm not sure they hold clicks.  What they seem to do is provide "estimated earnings" and they also do audits (random, perhaps?), so I suspect if a click is found to be invalid, they simply take away the earnings for that click.

I've also seen that you won't always know immediately what hub generated the income.  There can be a lag in reporting there, and as some of us have learned, sometimes you never find out.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Yes, I've had that happen.  In fact, I have 5 clicks today for $0.00, so that's not new.  It just seems odd that a super volume day would produce few clicks, while a sub-normal day would produce the highest No. of clicks I've seen (and by quite a chunk!)

Probably just a quirk of circumstance, but I did wonder if Adsense had a problem with some clicks and held onto them until they could check them out.  Especially after so many that earned nothing today.

3. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

As far as I am aware all the earnings you see are estimated, until they are audited on a monthly basis.