jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

watching the chile miracle

1. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

I have been glued to the TV since I woke up- miner No 6 is getting ready to come up. Anyone else breathing a sigh of relief every time one comes up or is it me?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

5 miners were rescued, last time I watched the news. Good to hear about the sixth one!

2. travelespresso profile image82
      travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've been watching since I got home.  This is an amazing outcome for the miners, their families, the people of Chile and the international contingent who have been instrumental in helping to free them. 

I'm in awe of these brave men.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image85

No 6 has just come up and they are getting ready for number seven
    It does seem to be well organised

3. Spacey Gracey profile image74
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

It is amazing. God and man working together to perform miracles. I have it on the TV now - Can't take my eyes off it.

1. Joe Badtoe profile image60
      Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

and god's involvement in this was what exactly? did he think it would be fun to trap the miners in the first place and the claim the glory for ensuring their survival?

How come your god chose these 33 Chilean miners? is god from South America? And why did your god allow thousands of other miners to perish across the world in other mining disasters?

The rescue is down to luck, the remarkable resolve of these miners, and the skilled engineers. Don't think your god had much to do with it all.

It is a beautiful spectacle watching an entire country unite in support of these trapped miners which is something not usually seen in the West.

4. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

I've been glued as well, CASE WORKER!  What an astounding feat it must be to actually remain calm and-hopefully-succeed at the rescue of all 33 miners.
    I know I've been heartsick over people in the same situation who were not properly attended to-men left to die.  Chile has some amazing stories to tell-I am impressed with their perseverance-rescuers and rescued alike.

5. 0
    Jasmine JellyBabyposted 6 years ago

I've just finished watching the 7th miner being rescued. It is a relief every time one of them comes out.. must have been hell being down there for two months.

6. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

What an amazing collaboration of the rescuers and the rescued!!
    This is a remarkable event-historical and worth studying.

7. Ms Chievous profile image81
    Ms Chievousposted 6 years ago

this is truly a piece of history in the making.  I am already anxious to hear their stories.  I will be checking my conputer all day at work!

8. CASE1WORKER profile image85

I have just got back from an abortive job interview to welcome Number nine whoopee

9. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

And the rescue is an international effort. Amazing stuff to watch. I love the guy who gave everyone rocks as gifts smile

10. CASE1WORKER profile image85

gosh number 11 is out and the chillean prime minister is still there they must all be shattered

11. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

it's so inspiring! there's another thread around here that was started last night when it first started. fortunately, wordscribe alerted us that it was on.