Getting hits on articles never published, then deleted?

1. 0
    Amie Warrenposted 6 years ago

I have two articles that I started, then decided not to publish, and deleted them. They are actually getting views. Are these just my views when I was working with them, or what? They were never published, so they should not have gone out in RSS or anything.

1. 0
      BenjaminBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No one knows for sure,but many people think the views come from Hubpages staff and the likes. I have kept track of the amount of times I have been on an unpublished Hub in relation to the views being showed. The conclusion is that someone is viewing them.

I've also noticed that if you delete a Hub while in production that the Hub score seems to grow faster. This could be a useful trick to get Hub scores up before publishing them,but I recommend treading carefully and not forgetting to undelete it in time before it disappears.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

If you have deleted them, they should be gone in approximately 24 hours. They will then be expunged from the system, no longer be visible in the control panel etc. No pageviews can subsequently be accrued to these non-existing hubs.

Unpublished hubs may gather pageviews from your own edits and views. Also, there have been some reports of additional views from unknown sources.