jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Hypnotism gone bad

1. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

It was entertainment night at the Senior Center. Claude the hypnotist exclaimed, "I'm here to put you into a trance; I intend to hypnotize each and every member of the audience."

The excitement was almost electric as Claude withdrew a beautiful antique pocket watch from his coat. "I want you each to keep your eye on this antique watch. It's a very special watch. It's been in my family for six generations"

He began to swing the watch gently back and forth while quietly chanting, "Watch the watch, watch the watch, watch the watch..."

The crowd became mesmerized as the watch swayed back and forth, light gleaming off its polished surface. Hundreds of pairs eyes followed the swaying watch, until, suddenly, it slipped from the hypnotist's fingers and fell to the floor, breaking into a hundred pieces.

"SH*T!" said the Hypnotist.

It took three days to clean up the Senior Center. Claude was never invited back.

1. thooghun profile image87
      thooghunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That made me smile, thank you!

2. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh my;  that was awful, Daniel!
      But hilarious!  Thanks!  big_smile

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

LOL lol  Very good one Daniel.

3. Aya Katz profile image91
    Aya Katzposted 6 years ago

That's proof that English does not employ derivational morphology to distinguish a noun from a verb. (Just a linguist's take on it.)

1. camlo profile image82
      camloposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're right. I was thinking of how to translate that into German to tell a friend of mine, but it doesn't work.

Loved it, btw, Daniel.

4. Diane Inside profile image87
    Diane Insideposted 6 years ago

Oh don't even make that kind of joke, I have worked in senior centers and let me tell that would be a nightmare. ha ha lol

Thank God that could never happen for real.