jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (27 posts)

done with hubpages

1. LittleSueII profile image60
    LittleSueIIposted 6 years ago

Just spent the last 5 hours setting up my new hub only to see nothing had been saved/downloaded except my first text. No pictures, no other frickin capsules. What a disappointment.

1. YU_First 1 profile image59
      YU_First 1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It helps to save things another program... say Microsoft Word, then copy and paste into hub; that way if things wrong your original work is backed up elsewhere.

Do not despair... everything on hub pages takes longer than planned but it eventually works out.

1. Misha profile image74
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

don't speak for everybody, please. smile

2. LittleSueII profile image60
        LittleSueIIposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks YU_First for the advice on copying although I should have known that. Obviously was too excited and then frustrated with myself to remember smile

2. eaglecreek profile image61
      eaglecreekposted 6 years ago in reply to this

don't let it get you down . i'm still working on completing my first hub. uggg its driving me crazy. we all get mad and lose it every once in a while . i can remember one time i was writing a little article on how great the frog gigging was down in little horseshoe bayou , yeah i'm sure all you good folks have been down there a time or two. so i was writing on my back porch , i had to write out there cause it was deer season so i thought i would write the article and get a ten point all in one shot (get it), i'm hard pressed for time . so i look up from my laptop and ooo dogies did i see a big un . i grabbed my rifle got a clean shot and fired and dog gone it when the gun kicked it knocked my pc slam off the porch and into a five gallon bucket of gear oil that i had left there from when i was working on the tractor that morning. well as you can imagine i was pretty mad , i was jumping , cussing , hooten and a hollerin my coon dog hi ball was looking at me funny and i cant prove it but i think he was laughing at me ,  and to top it off the deer got away . i sure hated to go to bed hungry that night  but it is what it is .

take care all

2. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

If you are talking about your flower hub, it is there! smile

3. jessicab profile image61
    jessicabposted 6 years ago

Do not give up, alot of things in life can be frustrating.

Not giving up - just had a bit of a temper tantrum. Glad there is a place to vent...lol
      I don't think I was speaking for everybody...just me.
      Very new at this and really working on my patience level. So many questions...

1. Misha profile image74
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's normal, we all had questions, and lots of them - when we were new. Ask away and most people here will do their best to help, just don't pretend it is Hubpages' fault you don't know something. smile

And speaking for everybody referred to yu-first, you definitely are not guilty in it smile

2. shazwellyn profile image84
        shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It will be fine... just take it easy, one step at a time.  Do we not stumble when are will goes faster than our feet?

Welcome to Hubpages smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image87

Interesting; I checked again, and now her pic is gone.

5. paradigmsearch profile image87

There are now two hubs.

Looks like she is staying... smile

Yes, I am staying. Thanks for checking for me!!!

1. 0
        TopUniverseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well done. Keep it up.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
        schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well you may be doing better than i was...smile cause I didn't know about the forums till later lol

6. 0
    Jasmine JellyBabyposted 6 years ago

Tell me about, I always feel like breaking my screen when posting a hub. It takes me half an hor to put the pictures, text, the amazone ebay and comments etc.

But I usually create my hub in Microsoft word and save it there first then copy and paste in the hub. In that way if anything goes wrong, I still got my hub stored.

So don't give up yet.. just find something to smash and you'll be back to normal smile

Found something to smash...please do not ask....and now back to normal. Thanks!!!!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66
        prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Once you had smashed everything near your computer, it is done.
        There are some glitches sometimes, just take a break, then come back. BTW, Welcome!

7. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

patience helps. or take a break. we've all had our yelling at the screen moments. smile

8. kashmir56 profile image64
    kashmir56posted 6 years ago

Glad to see you got it all worked out.

9. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

These may be due to temperory glitches

10. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

I am with schoolgirlforreal - the forums were nothing I knew of or understood for months.....

The forums still are hard for me to follow...

Patience will pay and it gets much easier.

Do a little at a time - it makes it much more fun and the saving is simpler too - just a suggestion.

And a very good suggestion, thank-you. And, yes, my patience level is increasing and  I am having fun now!!

11. Simone Smith profile image90
    Simone Smithposted 6 years ago

Thanks for keeping at it LittleSueII - HubPages has a lot to offer!  I second YU_First 1's suggestion of saving text in another application first.  What I tend to do is write my text somewhere else to begin with (I usually use Google Docs) and then just copy and paste it into the text capsules of a hub when I'm ready to publish.

Hope things are going well!  I see you've published a bunch of new hubs and they're really fantastic!

12. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

I'm leaving unless I get that little 'e' for Hubpages Elite next to my avatar ASAP...

or unless I reach $10 in Adsence within the next 2 years

1. Barbara Kay profile image84
      Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Greek One, You sound like me. I feel like I'm not getting anywhere.

13. Sweetsusieg profile image85
    Sweetsusiegposted 6 years ago

Yep, smashing things does sound like fun!!  Felt like it for the last couple of days..  But things get better, I've found they usually do.

I'm glad they are working out for you.  Like a lot of others I write on Word before publishing.  There for a while my dogs were unplugging my computer...  Yeah, NOW that was frustrating..  particularly when I was in the middle of an article.  Uhuh... dead dogs..  LOL  Just kidding!!

working