jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

locating code

1. LittleSueII profile image61
    LittleSueIIposted 6 years ago

not going to vent this time...smile
    Where would I find the code for my hubpage. Trying to link Amazon products - am a associate. I have copied their code for the product and need to paste it into my code????? Feeling very much computer illiterate (sp)

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Basically you take the code at the top left of your amazon account login....

Then you copy and paste that into the affiliates page: http://hubpages.com/my/affiliate

After that you don't need to do anything else but insert amazon capsules in the hubs - hubpages does the rest.

2. thooghun profile image87
    thooghunposted 6 years ago

Head over to your affiliate settings here:

http://hubpages.com/my/affiliate

Copy and paste your amazon affiliate ID into the yellowish amazon affiliate box, and if successful it should read: SET

Once you've done that your code is automatically injected into the Amazon capsules into your hub. You don't need to add code anywhere.

1. LittleSueII profile image61
      LittleSueIIposted 6 years ago in reply to this

OK, did that. It reads set. So now I just choose the product? Be patient with me pls...lol

1. thooghun profile image87
        thooghunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep. When adding the Amazon capsule in your hub you can choose either to specify the product or to offer products based on keywords.

So if you have a health hub you could use "health" as a keyword and it would generate products for you. They will automatically be give your affiliate ID.

I urge you to specify products though, and not rely on keywords. You can find the necessary codes on the Amazon product pages themselves.

E.G: a typical ASIN code you can paste into your hub looks something like this: B000TTT5T4

GMTA

1. thooghun profile image87
            thooghunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

big_smile (Or alternatively "fools seldom differ" I hope its the former.)

lol

2. WryLilt profile image86

Yep - goto the product page of any amazon.com itewm and copy & paste the URL into the amazon capsule.

OR just type your keywords into the capsule - such as 'red socks.'

Sent you an email by the way...

working