jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Hubbers sharing hubs

1. Eunice Apia profile image61
    Eunice Apiaposted 9 years ago

It would be cool if there was a feature where you and another hubber can share an article or co-write an article.

1. Shirley Anderson profile image83
      Shirley Andersonposted 9 years ago in reply to this

You can link to another hubber's hub in your articles.  You go to the hub you want to link to in yours, click the green 'share' button, copy the tracking info and hyperlink it where you want it.

I know that's not what you mean, but I don't know of any way to do a co-authoring except for it to be posted in a hub belonging to one of you, and you decide to split the profits.  Perhaps that can be done by creating an adsense channel for that particular hub so you can track the revenue.

Perhaps one of the long timer's know of something else.

Eunice Apiaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

No it was not what I meant, but I will keep this in mind. I meant if you have the same writing style with a hubber and want to add to their article without writing a separate one. You guys came together and decided to create an article together for fun. It would be cool if you could do that, the article would be on both of your pages, you will both get credit, revenues or whatever you get on hubs. It would be the whole fun about co-writing an article. Kind of like when you work for a newspaper, you get an assignment and have to work with others. Not only would it improve your writing style, you will be networking and learning from others. I assume everyone on here is a writer in some way or another.

2. VioletSun profile image69
        VioletSunposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I had missed this feature, and linked a hubbers site to mine using the regular hyperlink... will go back and change it. Glad you responded with this useful info!

2. SunSeven profile image64
    SunSevenposted 9 years ago

And how do you propose to share the revenues? smile

Best Regards

That would be for Hubpages to decided. It would be 50-50. I was thinking more from an artistic point of view.

3. SunSeven profile image64
    SunSevenposted 9 years ago

I think at the moment its too complicated for HP and I don't think its there in their near future upgrade list. smile

Yeah, that would make sense. Let's not complicate things. I like the fact that things are pretty simple here. Maybe in the future.

4. thranax profile image49
    thranaxposted 9 years ago

It is an ok idea, I mean if you know the hubber you want to make the article with you can both make it and say its just one of you now and split the revenue personally, lots of work tho. This will not happen for a long time the way you want it to because Google Ad sense doesn't have a split feature yet (the normal coding is hard enough to do). If you want this to ever happen you should bring it up to Google and start a poll or sign up or something to show people want this to happen. Best of luck in getting it, its people like you with ideas that drive the future of the internet.

Thanks. I guess I have to get it into my head that this is a revenue driven website. I've been blogging for free for so many years that it's going to take me a while to get used to doing it for money.

1. Inspirepub profile image86
        Inspirepubposted 9 years ago in reply to this

If you don't care about the money, then offer to collaborate anyway. Email back and forth, and  when that article is ready, one of you publish the final Hub with a copyright notice to both of you. Easily done.

Jenny

working