jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

"Copied Hubs" Feature

1. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

I know it's been brought up a few times, but I can't remember a comment from HubPages.

Is there anyway that we can get the Copied Hubs section updated? Once the copied pages are removed, they remain. Yes, we can delete the link, but the title remains forever, making it hard to see what is what on a quick glance.

I'm sure this isn't one of the biggest problems that's going on, but can we have some update to this?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll second this.  Having the copyright symbol remain up on the Hub titles once the stolen copies are gone is really frustrating maintenance-wise.  Also, having every instance of previous locations that are now gone reappear when a new instance of copying occurs is a bit bizarre, especially as the display doesn't make it clear that the past occurrences have already been removed.  I'd like to hear someone's explanation of how they think that's helpful to me.

2. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

Copied Hubs, seems to be on the rise as more and more Hubbers are reporting stolen Hubs. What Gives ?

1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think it's always been a problem. We're just hearing more about it with the new "copied hubs" symbol showing up in everyone's listing of hubs. I doubt that many hubbers were proactively looking for copied work before.

3. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I think HP must have recently made a sweep of checking for copied content since so many hubbers have seen it pop up lately.  Maybe they only do it a couple times a year in such a wide swept way.  Just a theory.

I agree that I wish we had a better way to weed out the ones that have been fixed versus new ones, etc.

4. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

Many Thanks Irohner for you input. I am new here at HubPages and Hubbers like you are helping me to learn the ropes.

5. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I have a question I asked on another copy thread. when hubs show up on articleswap.biz is it considered copied? it is a content distribution engine. it then distributes the articles to social bookmarking sites. I didn't post it there, but I have one there and a sister site. does anyone know?  I have the copy warning on one of my hubs from these two sites.

6. dawnM profile image80
    dawnMposted 6 years ago

Sweetsusie bug was kind enough to let me know that she saw one of my hubs word for word on a blog, what are our rights when this happens, when a blog steals your work word for word?