jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Google: Old Keyword Tool vs New Keyword Tool

1. HELLA profile image60
    HELLAposted 6 years ago

Has anyone noticed that the new keyword tool produces different search results than the old keyword tool?

I'm not sure if anyone uses Niche Refinery by TKA, but I have and in comparing keyword research (Global Monthly Search Volume and CPC), the GMSV is SIGNIFICANTLY lower in the new keyword tool results. I had a keyword that was 450,000 in the old keyword tool and is now at around 5,000.

Two things:

1) I MAY have not set it to exact match, but I am very neurotic about that so I can't imagine that this happened.

2) Also I understand supply and demand, but these numbers just don't match.

Granted a lot of the data from the old keyword tool was processed over a month ago, so IT'S POSSIBLE that demand has dropped, HOWEVER, I can't see why many of the keywords I looked up have MUCH MUCH lower Search volume now...

Just wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this...

2. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

...the (not so)new keyword tool does not include search data from google search partners.

1. HELLA profile image60
      HELLAposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ahhh, I see. So that would most definitely increase the volume. Makes sense. Thanks Sunforged. I know it's not so new, but I was still using the old search tool.

3. LSKing profile image84
    LSKingposted 6 years ago

I like the old one way better the new one has that catcha thingy and It annoys me! Every time I type in a new keyword it pops up.

1. HELLA profile image60
      HELLAposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I feel you. I dont like the (newer) one either.