jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (27 posts)

What does Hubpages do for you?

1. vicki simms profile image74
    vicki simmsposted 6 years ago

I know that I just enjoy writing and find it a sense of achievment when I get comments and feedback but what is it that does it for you, experience? Money? enjoyment? or something else?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image81
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

All of the above! smile

vicki simmsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

smile good reply,

although the money doesn't do it for me as I am yet to reach a payout!!!

2. ofmelancholy profile image73
      ofmelancholyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

mainly money, but also it's a joy making a hub and presenting it to world wide web( though quite a small minority sees it smile) I feel happy whenever ı finish a new hub.

3. vox vocis profile image92
      vox vocisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Take my time :-) Mostly I learn, discover new things...money, hm...I don't think anybody really gets rich writing here, some claim the income pays their bills, hm...after writing how many hubs, I wonder...well, it's fun to see those cents piling up on my account - the proverb says: cent by cent builds a palace :-)

2. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

It's all about the money! smile

vicki simmsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wish..........................good for you though!! I will get there one day!!

3. 0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago

Its my one chance to relate with other adults and not be ignored. How lame is that?

4. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

All of that.  Money is the least important, but that's only because at this point in my life, I don't need much money.  I like writing, I like helping people, I like learning things from other folks hubs.  I enjoy the forums as long as I stay away from the religion and politics - I'm not smart enough to always stay away, unfortunately.

5. vicki simms profile image74

I love reading all the different Hubs they are great and DoorMattnomore that is not lame at all, I know exactly where you are coming from, its great to learn so many new things

1. 0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

smile thanks.

6. vicki simms profile image74

Pcunix, I didnt really go near the religion because I thought it was going to be all god/jesus and stuff I didnt understand but I was surprised and have since written a few hubs regarding some of the topics hahaha

7. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

Maddie is supposed to come mow the lawn and weed the front garden. Jason said something about washing my truck too, so, I'm looking forward to that.

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

1. 0

Thats what I was going to say.

8. b. Malin profile image60
    b. Malinposted 6 years ago

It gives me an opportunity to express myself as a writer...and to meet fellow writers.. I Enjoy making comments of some value in the FORUMS. I'm not involved in the money making end of "Hub Pages".  It sounds interesting....but I just want to write my stuff...Maybe get a book published.... then I  want MONEY!   LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY!

9. MJ Wadsworth profile image59
    MJ Wadsworthposted 6 years ago

I'm new so I don't have a good answer. I'm gonna project a few months down the line and pretend I have one.

It's great. I earn money, get to write, learn interesting stuff i didn't know I didn't know and have got to meet some cool online people smile

10. nikmaya62 profile image51
    nikmaya62posted 6 years ago

From the first time i write a hub until now my adsense is just got several dollars,,, but Something make me fun in hubpages is I can learn how to speak English correctly (although still have mistakes). And I also learn how to be a good writer, and many new experiences I've found in here.

11. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

gives me a buzz!

also when you are surrounded by the utter bore ( we all know them) it just trips off the tongue

" i publish on the internet and am read, world wide.... why only yesterday I had my first read from......." (enter most obscure place you can thing of)

knocks 'em dead every time

12. mrfluffy profile image71
    mrfluffyposted 6 years ago

It gives me a chance to say what I want without interruption until I have finished.
    I know I am Sad smile

1. 0

thats pretty much what I get too.

13. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

It helps me stay firmly embedded under the poverty line

1. 0
      Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Keep my sanity or insanity at bay. Add some meaning to my tiredness, add some laughter to my boring life. Tell me that I am not alone. Tell me that I am not the worst.  With what Greek One just said pretty much sums it up .  big_smile

14. TATfamily profile image60
    TATfamilyposted 6 years ago

I do it mostly to promote websites, or in other words, money.  However, there are a couple subjects I've written on that I have really enjoyed writing.

15. deuxlai profile image60
    deuxlaiposted 6 years ago

Money and Backlinks

16. Bard of Ely profile image88
    Bard of Elyposted 6 years ago

Keeps me busy and makes me some money!

17. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I have learned so much since I started here, gotten a lot of invaluable advice. I started for the experience, then when the money started coming in that became a part of it.